Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Ever bring a radio to the game?

isnt it confusing hearing the play by play and its 7 seconds behind? you feel like you are in a time warp! you can see into the future! hehe
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Ever bring a radio to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    isnt it confusing hearing the play by play and its 7 seconds behind? you feel like you are in a time warp! you can see into the future! hehe
    The game is broadcast in real time, there is no delay. You don't need it with professionals on the mikes (usually).

Wink Re: Ever bring a radio to the game?

The radio used to be a delayed broadcast, when we had Garceau & matte. Last Sunday, at least, it was in real time.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

off topic but hay T, isnt your lot going to be full of slots next year ???

Thumbs down Re: Ever bring a radio to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by RagingRaven View Post
    off topic but hay T, isnt your lot going to be full of slots next year ???
    It sure looks that way. Thanks to the City politicians, who could care less about Ravens fans -- her's the discussion we had when this was announced:

http://www.ravens24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29788
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

When did a football stadium not have loudspeakers? The 1920s? The sound from Memorial Stadium's loudspeakers carried to Greenmount Avenue. I don't think there's anyone around today who attended NFL games without loudspeakers.

Guess again.
    haha, it was just a joke. I was just making fun because it's something I only see old people do at Ravens games, well old people and dudes who look like they haven't been laid since the first Gulf War.

Take from me the radiophile of the group. When the games were on 105.7 and 1300 the announcing team was 100 times better then the jokers on 98 Rock / WBAL. With that said here is where the radio and delay comes into play.

When the games were on 105.7 there was a five second delay due to the simulcast with 1300. The main signal was on the AM side so 1300 was "real time" with the game being played.

When the games moved to Hearst and their two stations in town, the games were put on delay on the FM side which is 98 Rock. WBAL's signal is the main signal and is "real time" as can be.

A side note to this is that in my section, 502, I can never get WBAL or 98 Rock in with a clear signal but I could always get 1300 and 105.7 in very clear. I find it odd that the flagship station can't be heard that well in the stadium. But that may have been the crappy radio I was using. What do I know?

Most of the time the delay on the FM is more for the listeners at home so they can synchronize it with the TV and turn down the TV sound. One major fault to that is if you are on Direct TV, Comcast, or Veriozon FiOs you're already getting a delay due to the relay of the game from the stadium to the network, from the network to the provider, and then from the provider to your home.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

8. Re: Ever bring a radio to the game?

yeah its always funny to watch the TV's in the concourse and the crowd yell, then you see the catch or INT, etc.... I know the TV is off be a few secs, Ive got the problem at home, ive got the HD directv on in the living room, and cable SD tv in the kitchen sitting area and its about 8 secs difference. So when i have a party people in the kitchen start cheering and you know something good is going to happen! haha
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Assuming SiruisXm stays in business I want to get the Stiletto 2 so I can listen to NFL network during half or any other game I want.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998