Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. The Plane Trip......

Does anyone think that that scary plane ride had anything to do with the play of the Ravens against Minnesota?? I heard quite a few of them were really shaken up And some of them looked really sick .I didn't read anything on it , but I heard they were in some serious turbulance...They looked like a totally different team vs. the Vikings....:grbac:
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 08-28-2006 at 10:03 PM.

Re: The Plane Trip......

Yeah I heard it was pretty bad for a good 10-15 minutes per HYH on hi show Sat.The idea that it affected them crossed my mind too,but I dont know that might be a stretch.

I'm kind of curious about this plane ride myself.
    Rob Long said he saw Bruce Cunningham on Saturday and he still looked a little green around the gills so to speak.
    Apparently it was a rough one, but haven't heard anything real defined as to what really happened and for how long it was happening.

In addition, I still don't know what day the actual flight took place.

Wednesday or Thursday?

If they flew out on Thursday, and it was that bad, I can understand it having some effect on individuals playing football a few hours later.

If in fact they flew out on Thursday, why?

Part of Billicks speal regarding pre-season away games was to give the new guys experience on the whole aspect of enduring an NFL away game including travel, etc.

If that's what he wanted, then why travel on the same day you play the game?

Part of that deal is sleeping in the hotel, group meetings, eating, etc.

If indeed they traveled on wednesday (which I don't think they did), then that flight issue shouldn't really have been an issue regarding the teams performance.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

4. Re: The Plane Trip......

They flew out Thursday afternoon and played Friday evening..Aaron Wilson said that there were some guys sweating purfusely...I think it could have had alot to do with them being lethargic....Plus different time zone---jet lag...Reaching I know, but could be possiblities Hey Fanatic, who's the chick on your avatar??

Thats just making excuses. The plane ride was a day earlier, they had time to gather themselves all day Friday. You don't get jet lag from going to Central time either.

Alright, I got the days confused.
    I kept thinking we played on Thursday not friday.:bag:
    Must be me trying to forget what I saw friday night.

Regardless, I'd like to think that 24 hours+ later you would be ready to go since that is your profession.
    It ain't like the plane made a crash landing or something.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I for one have a problem with that theory. For all the money these guys make, I expect these guys to play no matter what. Maybe that's just me, but I have a problem with guys sitting out of games with hangnails and silly stuff like that. I know if you were gonna pay me that kind of money, I'd go out with a broken leg. I guess I'm old school.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

They had 24 hours to recover. I can imagine it was a terrible ride, the weather was terrible. But by the next morning they should have been fine.

There was a dude on 98 Rock this morning that was on that charter jet. He was apparently an employee with 98 rock's sport center(?). He said that at least 4 players chucked and that the plane was like a roller coaster ride; up and down (violently) and actually sideways at times. I think I'd still be a little shakey for the game!

Thumbs down Re: The Plane Trip......

Unless they hopped off the plane and and went straight to the game...I dont buy it for a second!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I'm sure they probably have some kind of team doctor that travels with the team that could give them some kind of antiemetic, like Zofran.

They flew through tornado wall clouds. I'd still be puking