Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: I come in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by HouseofUsher View Post
    I don't want the man killed, just knocked down hard and often.

I think we're in agreement on that notion.

I think it was the word "bleeding" that caught some people's eyes. I know it's what caught mine. Certainly sacking him 9 times and watching Bart Scott toss him like a playground toy would be nice. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

3. Re: I come in peace..

I do wish Baltimore fans would stop feeling bad about our history being stolen. No one can "steal" history. All the fake "Colts" have are some trinkets to remind them of what they don't have: championships. I'm confident that we will add another this year in Baltimore.

Manning better than Unitas? Where to begin?

Here's a thought: Did anyone ever call Unitas soft?

Quote Originally Posted by HouseofUsher View Post
    Here's a thought: Did anyone ever call Unitas soft?
    Or just be a ass, like this?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

5. Re: I come in peace..

It's unfortunate the Ravens' fans are still hung up on the Colts. After all, the Colts have beaten them the last three times, including games in Baltimore.

It should be a great game on Saturday. Best of the luck to the Ravens.
    Last edited by Bloom.; 01-12-2007 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Testing

Bloom, don't oversimplify. This is the 6th page of this thread. If you bother to read through the whole thing you will see we are not all the same.

When we watch tv we see the records and statistics associated with the *Baltimore* Colts, part of our city's legacy, now deliberately attributed to the *Indianapolis* Colts, notwithstanding the feelings of the players.

In other words, it's not the *moving* that still sticks in the craw of many people. It's the *ongoing* theft of the legacy.

That said, I will leave it to you to catch up on this & other threads to get a complete picture. I am surprised that so many of the Indy fans who show up her seem to have little compassion, but maybe the ones who come here are looking for something of an argument.
    Last edited by festivus; 01-12-2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: clarity
    Festivus

7. Re: I come in peace..

I can see where I may have over simplified things. My fault.
    [SIGPIC]Priceless[/SIGPIC]

Oh, I see. You're trolling. Nevermind, forget I said anything.
    Festivus

9. Re: I come in peace..

To be a fan is to be "hung" up. Todays' Ravens fans (the real fans, that is)will be tomorrow Ravens fans and will cherish the 2000 Super Bowl winning team as long as we live.

We wont "get over" that either.

As for the mewling Indy fans looking for friendly faces in Baltimore: They're not saying "get over it", they're saying "forgive us".

Many of us wont. Get over it.

10. Re: I come in peace..

Well, i said i would come back win or loose, so here i am. Congrats on a great game. It was about what i expected. Both offenses had trouble moving the ball and it came down to field goals. One or two plays go the other way, (i.e. the nick harper interception at the goal line) and the outcome of this game would have been different. Best of luck next year.