Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Re: I come in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by jus10rich View Post
    Well, i feel like guys are holding your breath under water. The only ones you are hurting are yourselves. Do you think "Jimmy-boy" stays up at night worrying about all of the people that his dad pissed off? I dont think he does. I'm sure that the "right thing" to you guys is what i've read a million times. Give back the colors, the records, and the history. But, its not that common in sports. When teams move, they generally take the name, color etc. with them. It's just the way it is. I know there are exceptions, but generally thats the way its done. Like i said, i didnt go through what you guys did and if it were to happen hear, I would like to think that i would continue to be a colts fan no matter where they move, but i cant say that for sure. Feelings get hurt, angers flair. But i would hope that i would be able to forgive and forget or at least move on and lose the bitterness. I guess i'll never know. You guys definitely have a great team there. I cant wait. Have a good day
    I'm on the other side of the pond but I'm sorry that smacks of the changing of the guard and the Colts not being an integral part of the community in Indianapolis which even as an outside and reading both partisan and impartial literature, I know the Baltimore Colts were an integral part of the Baltimore community and just shows your complete ignorance that you can't recognise that.

Well,the Colts are an integral part of the Indy Community. If they were ever to leave us, there would be a huge hole in this community and there would be many hurt feelings. I too would be upset, however i also know that the NFL is a business. Team owners are in it for two reasons:

1) love of the game
    1a) to make money

I think knowing that, if the owner decided to move the team, i would be mad, but i would understand that he had to do what he had to do. But like i said, it's easy to discuss this in theory as what i would do, its different for you guys because it actually happened. No hard feelings. Like i said, some of the early posters got under my skin. that all

"Give back the colors, the records, and the history. But, its not that common in sports."

Maybe, but certainly not impossible. Just ask the Tennessee Titans.

The Colts were never yours. The only NFL City that can make that claim is Green Bay. What i dont understand is the animosity towards the colts organization. The man that made the decision to move the franchise is dead. His son was just a few years out of college and had zero input in that decision. You guys are making the Baltimore Ravens fan base look completly ignorant.
    You are wrong on all accounts. We had a real owner in Rosenbloom, and the deal made between the two (Irsay and Rosenbloom) would never fly now. Also, the drunken sot owner purposefully strangled the team to make it worse... That's why the city would not negotiate a new stadium. In addition the young irsay dissed us by authoring a degrading song about the team and the city, and at the time, a new stadium was unnecessary, was just his "excuse". In addition, he went behind the back of his gen mgr and traded Elway for a player who never played a down. It was, in fact the most mis-handled, mis-managed team in the NFL, all starting with Irsay's ownership. In short, The reason the colts are in India-no-place lies NOT with the fans, the city, or the lack of a new stadium, but instead falls squarely on the shoulders of the OWNERSHIP!!! The drunken Sot's (Bob Irsay) own mother called him the "devil on earth" ... a direct quote. Now, 30 years of OUR history are entombed in your Graveyard of a burg, and guess what? We will never like it! or forget it! or fail to capitalize on an oppurtunity afforded us to make a statement(as we can and will this weekend) about how strongly we feel about having been screwed! To compare the wrong the Irsays meted out to Baltimore with ANY other teams moving is to compare apples to rocky mountain oysters!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McGroin View Post
    "Give back the colors, the records, and the history. But, its not that common in sports."

Maybe, but certainly not impossible. Just ask the Tennessee Titans.
    Don't you mean the Tennessee Oilers?
    Section 106 from start to finish!

How about them COLTS!!

You are right about one thing. When all is said and done, Peyton Manning will go down as being the best quarterback of all time. Way ahead of your jonny unitas. At least you got that strait.
    What Heresy!!! What ignorance!!! Peyton is a baby whiner who couldn't even begin to lace the shoes of Johhny U. I believe even HE understands that! That is ONE thing I can give him! He is well aware of the greatness of Johhny U! YOU obviously are not! Everything that has been said about this "grudge" we hold pales to the fact that the TOUGHEST qb who ever played the game has his records enshrined "somewhere else". THAT is the crime. That is unconsionable. That is the problem. If we had the history of, say the oilers, the browns, the rams, the chiefs, while these teams surely have their "great players", I for one wouldn't be NEARLY as PISSED. The fact that you don't have a clue in this regard simply screams that you don't have the knowledge to even discuss this with us! JU changed the game, to what it is now! Peyton may well end up w/ more stats, but this is an completely different era,. AND J.U. created it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    What Heresy!!! What ignorance!!! Peyton is a baby whiner who couldn't even begin to lace the shoes of Johhny U. I believe even HE understands that! That is ONE thing I can give him! He is well aware of the greatness of Johhny U! YOU obviously are not! Everything that has been said about this "grudge" we hold pales to the fact that the TOUGHEST qb who ever played the game has his records enshrined "somewhere else". THAT is the crime. That is unconsionable. That is the problem. If we had the history of, say the oilers, the browns, the rams, the chiefs, while these teams surely have their "great players", I for one wouldn't be NEARLY as PISSED. The fact that you don't have a clue in this regard simply screams that you don't have the knowledge to even discuss this with us! JU changed the game, to what it is now! Peyton may well end up w/ more stats, but this is an completely different era,. AND J.U. created it!!!!!
    Why blame all of this on Peyton he has said before that J.U. was one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL but that was than and this is know quit living in the past.

As much as I loved the Baltimore Colts, sports teams move and I'm afraid that the National Football League is every bit as guilty of denying heritage as anyone. All one has to do is peruse the NFL Hall of Fame website (http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/teams.jsp) and see that. They have Hall of Famers listed by franchise, where the Arizona Cardinals and their parentage (Chicago Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals) are lumped together, Likewise the Rams (Cleveland Rams, LA Rams, St. Louis Rams), among others. I'm sure LA Rams fans get pissed that Deacon Jones is listed under the St. Louis flag. And the NFL isn't alone in this; I'm sure their are people that are upset that Jackie Robinson is under the LA Dodgers tree in Cooperstown.

As much as it hurts, that's the reality. The NFL nor anyone who wasn't here do not understand how much our Colts were a fabric of our life, not just a football team, but one of us.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by COLTSVOLS View Post
    Why blame all of this on Peyton he has said before that J.U. was one of the greatest quarterbacks in the NFL but that was than and this is know quit living in the past.
    Is there ANYTHING in my post that blames our anger on Peyton? Can you read? I said that Peyton understands this much more, obviously , than YOU do! I simply stated that Peyton's accomplishments cannot ever eclipse Johnny U's no matter what the stats say!!!! Unitas was nearly single-handedly responsible for changing the game from a running game to a passing game!!! Look it up!!!!
    If your comprehension skills are not adequate to read and understand what you have read, stay home!!!
    Oh, btw, Peyton IS a BIG whiner!!! when he throws a pick, he whines louder 'n longer than a baby! ... and if you watched the chiefs game, you would be a liar not to agree!!!
    And another btw... learn to spell! Hoosier teacher? Norm Crosby?
    Last edited by Rochardrik; 01-11-2007 at 10:43 AM.

jus10-you'll know what it feels like one day. They'll move. It is in the owners blood.
    SS