Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: I come in peace..

Why do we allow anyone from Indianapolis on this board? If you love your Indy colts so much, why don't you post there? I don't post on other teams boards, so why can't you respect our space and go home?

2. Re: I come in peace..

Ok how about we move the Indianoplis 500 to Baltimore, but all the records and winners and trophy will all now say "baltimore" . We will be build the same exact track with brick finish line and all and call it our own. Not starting a new tradition, not recognizing all those things happened in Indy. Then when you and your father sit down and watch the Indy 500 on tv and its in Baltimore and not indy where you had spent years watching it live with your borther and dad....then you might understand.

The Colts were very much a part of Baltimore, for you to say they didnt "own" them is ridiculus....they were the BALTIMORE colts...not just the Colts....they werent some fly by night expansion team with little team support, they were a storied franchise just like the browns.

Thats what makes us mad, the fact that the records didnt start a new, the irsay's and the nfl gave us the shaft, the same thing happens to cleveland and they get everythng back and a new team in 3 years, not hoping for 12 years to get an expansion team like we had to do , to not give us the expansion teams was a direct insult to Baltimore. A team that helped build the NFL what it is today, played in the "greatest game ever played"....its the combination of it all.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    Why do we allow anyone from Indianapolis on this board? If you love your Indy colts so much, why don't you post there? I don't post on other teams boards, so why can't you respect our space and go home?
    He probably posts there too, first thing after school.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    He probably posts there too, first thing after school.
    When did they get schools in Indiana?

5. Re: I come in peace..

Well, i do post on the colts board. Why did i come here, because someone there posted a link to this forum talking about the first post on this thread. When i read it, I got a little upset. I can understand the fact that i will never understand the fellings of the old baltimore colts fans because i didnt go though what you all have. I can try, but i will never fully grasp the anger and frustration you guys have. I just wish that you guys could put aside all of that drama for one week and enjoy what will be a great matchup between your hometown team and mine. I am a football fan and there are hundreds of thousands of great football fans that probably wouldn't have been had the colts not moved to indy. Now having said that, im not saying it was the right move or the wrong move. But i for one am gratefull. As much as you are upset. Here's to a great game.

Hey, I love the Baltimore Ravens as much as anybody and always will, but I understand why some would be angered by the imposter Colts playing in Indy.

Retire the name, colors and records of the original BALTIMORE Colts and select a new identity more related to the state of Indiana and start over fresh...

Until that happens, NFL fans and the World at large will always know that:

THOSE PONIES ARE PHONEYS!! :grbac:

Trust me, I'll enjoy myself immensely...should be a good game. Hope the Ravens knock the snot outta the Colts.

No, the drama will never stop until Jimmy-boy "does the right thing".

I'm curious, Justin, would you happen to know what "the right thing" is?

> i will never fully grasp the anger and frustration you guys have.
    Perhaps this is because you haven't read the posts here and elsewhere? Perhaps it's because you can't let go of your feeling that cities do not have football teams?

Lord knows if you'd been reading (between the jibes and the rude remarks directed toward the original poster) you could have started to piece it together now.

Read this, from our local newspaper. It may help you with the problem you seem to be having understanding us (it's the Dear Ravens piece, for those who have read it):
    http://tinyurl.com/urkat
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

9. Re: I come in peace..

Well, i feel like guys are holding your breath under water. The only ones you are hurting are yourselves. Do you think "Jimmy-boy" stays up at night worrying about all of the people that his dad pissed off? I dont think he does. I'm sure that the "right thing" to you guys is what i've read a million times. Give back the colors, the records, and the history. But, its not that common in sports. When teams move, they generally take the name, color etc. with them. It's just the way it is. I know there are exceptions, but generally thats the way its done. Like i said, i didnt go through what you guys did and if it were to happen hear, I would like to think that i would continue to be a colts fan no matter where they move, but i cant say that for sure. Feelings get hurt, angers flair. But i would hope that i would be able to forgive and forget or at least move on and lose the bitterness. I guess i'll never know. You guys definitely have a great team there. I cant wait. Have a good day

> I would like to think that i would continue to be a colts fan
    > no matter where they move, but i cant say that for sure.
    Justin, if Indianapolis is anything like Baltimore, you'd be the only one.

We don't need the colors, by the way. We'd like the records, and we'd like you guys to get your own colors, but we have new colors now.

They are purple and black, like the bruises Peyton & Co. will have Sunday morning.

> Have a good day
    You too.
    Festivus

Well, I held out some hope for you for a minute or two, but alas, I was wrong.

Sucks to be you I guess.

12. Re: I come in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    > i will never fully grasp the anger and frustration you guys have.
    Perhaps this is because you haven't read the posts here and elsewhere? Perhaps it's because you can't let go of your feeling that cities do not have football teams?

Lord knows if you'd been reading (between the jibes and the rude remarks directed toward the original poster) you could have started to piece it together now.

Read this, from our local newspaper. It may help you with the problem you seem to be having understanding us (it's the Dear Ravens piece, for those who have read it):
    http://tinyurl.com/urkat

Well, i read it. Thanks for the link. That article defintely makes some sense. And i did read through most of the posts on this thread as well. I guess i felt as if some of the fans were going way overboard. I know not everyone is like that. I apologize for any comments I made that offended anyone. Sometimes people (even me) can lose ones composure. Thanks for all the great info. Good Luck Saturday.