Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: I come in peace..

I am purely purple and proud. Someone made an excellent analogy. To continue to pine for the Colts is like constantly telling your wife/current girlfriend how much your ex-girl dogged you 23 years ago.

What Irsay did was a crappy thing, but it was 23 years ago and we have a franchise to cheer.

I have no attachments to the old Colts, but those who do, it is okay to have memories, but don't let it affect the current relationship you have.

But, let me ask this. What hurts more (and don't say both):

1. That the Colts left.

2. That Irsay did not leave the colors behind.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

2. Re: I come in peace..

You are right about one thing. When all is said and done, Peyton Manning will go down as being the best quarterback of all time. Way ahead of your jonny unitas. At least you got that strait.

Quote Originally Posted by jus10rich View Post
    You are right about one thing. When all is said and done, Peyton Manning will go down as being the best quarterback of all time. Way ahead of your jonny unitas. At least you got that strait.
    You really don't have satire and comedy down do you?

4. Re: I come in peace..

And by the way, the history that the colts made in baltimore does belong in the record books of the indianapolis colts. why? because it's the same franchise. Owned by the same family. They simply moved to a more suitable location. Whats so wrong with that? The History of the colts is the history of the colts. you cant pick and choose what you want that to include. It is what it is.

5. Re: I come in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    You really don't have satire and comedy down do you?
    Well, i tried. :)

Peyton Manning is Dan Marino Jr.
    And the History of the Baltimore Colts belongs in Baltimore.

Question: Why wouldn't Peyton Manning make a good boxer?

Answer: He starts choking uncontrollably before he gets to the ring!

7. Smile Re: I come in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Peyton Manning is Dan Marino Jr.
    And the History of the Baltimore Colts belongs in Baltimore.

Question: Why wouldn't Peyton Manning make a good boxer?

Answer: He starts choking uncontrollably before he gets to the ring!
    I can't really say anything about that. I have to admit, I did laugh. but this is their year!

Why are Ravens' fans taking the bait from this guy? Hey, I lost the Balt. Colts too...grew up loving and still love the Baltimore Colts. I dislike Bob Irsay...he was an irresponsible, hot tempered, detached drunk. I don't like the Indy Colts like I don't like the Pitt. Steelers. I have nothing against the people of Indy as I would hope the people of Cleveland have nothing against me. I sat in Mem. Stadium in the early 80's with 20,000 fans. The stadium was empty...there was no movement to build a new one. Dickhead Irsay had a better offer...he took it. Sounds kinda familiar, yes? At the time, there was no precedent to leave colors and stats behind or maybe he would have considered it. I don't know. Be happy that Irsay cleared his dysfunctional shit out of the way and cleared the way for Modell. We had a Lombardi within 5 years. Indy and the stewardship of the Irsay's haven't done a thing in 23 years. Would you have wanted that? or what we have now? I am ready for Angelos to take his shit out of here and clear the way to bring in a new organization...hopefully under the current precedent of leaving colors and history behind.

I think we should extend grattitude to these Indy fans for taking Irsay's shit from our town. Unitas is still Baltimore's as are the Baltimore Colts...those memories can't be taken away because of some museum in Canton.

Thank You Indy....now bend over and enjoy the wrath for Purple. The Sack Pack is back and knows exactly where it belongs. Of course you Indy guys don't know what the Sack Pack is but maybe some day you will learn your history.

I'm getting the feeling the "10" in this guy's handle is either his age or his IQ.

Thoughts?

10. Re: I come in peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McGroin View Post
    I'm getting the feeling the "10" in this guy's handle is either his age or his IQ.

Thoughts?
    I will go ahead and let you know what the "10" is

my name is jus + "10" = justin

Dose that help Pat, or do you want me to go slower.

The Colts were as much ours as the Steelers are Pittsburgh's and the 49'ers are San Francisco's. Do us a favor and go over to a Bears board, and explain to them the Bears are not Chicago's.

You want to split hairs over what the word "ours" means. To have something is not necessarily to own it. If 'having' a team meant "owning" it then nobody would care about sports. It's not that simple, which you I think are deliberately misunderstanding. I have a home I pay a mortgage on, I have two children, I have a car that's been paid for. They are all mine, though I don't completely "own" the house or the children.

The reason they put the city's name in front of the team name is because THE CITY IS PART OF THE TEAM AND THE TEAM IS PART OF THE CITY. Take the team and you are taking from the city.

> The History of the colts is the history of the colts. you cant pick and
    > choose what you want that to include. It is what it is.
    Really? Then why does your precious "Colts" press guide list *other* teams by their city names, but the Baltimore Colts information by the name "Colts"? Why list *any* city names?

I am guessing you are (a) 17 or younger, or (b) an attorney.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jus10rich View Post
    I will go ahead and let you know what the "10" is

my name is jus + "10" = justin

Dose that help Pat, or do you want me to go slower.
    Gee, thanks! :grbac: