Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Exclamation Re: I come in peace..

I would just like to point out that the Colts have been in indianapolis for almost 23 years. That means there are alot of Colts fans in there mid to late 20's that grew up with this team being their team. I think if you were to ask most fans here in indy whether or not they agree with the way things went down when the team moved here, they would tell you that it was shady. But you cant blame the Indy fans for something we had no control over, just like Cleveland cant blame you for taking their team. By the way, Your team was one court order away from being the Baltimore Browns. Art wanted to take the name with him. Its well documented. Only a lawsuit Kept the name in cleveland.

I'm not trying to start anything, just tring to open up some minds. Dont blame indy or their fans. It was an ugly divorce between the City of baltimore and our former owner who is now passed.

I wish both Teams luck and look forward to a hard fought game. Go Colts

Re: I come in peace..

Your team was one court order away from being the Baltimore Browns. Art wanted to take the name with him. Its well documented.
    Baltimore has it's own rich football history and doesn't need to hold hostage another citys pro football past.

http://www.espn1300.com/extra_01.shtml

David Modell had said on the Baltimore's ESPN 1300 tribute last week that Art wanted to give the colors and history to cleveland upon leaving, but was advised he should keep the name, history and colors and use it as a barganing chip at a later time.

Quote Originally Posted by jus10rich View Post
    Art wanted to take the name with him. Its well documented. Only a lawsuit Kept the name in cleveland.

I'm not trying to start anything, just tring to open up some minds. Dont blame indy or their fans. It was an ugly divorce between the City of baltimore and our former owner who is now passed.

I don't think people here blame Indianapolis or the current Colts fans. Some people spouted off early in this thread but I hope you don't mistake the bad manners of a few people for the way we all act or think.

Trust me, we (or most of us, as far as I can tell) have *much* stronger feelings about fans of some other teams, one in particular, then we do about Indianapolis Colts fans.

The venom is pretty much reserved for the Irsay family. If you dig around here for awhile, you'll see what I mean.

I am familiar with the way in which the Browns left Cleveland, and I am familiar with the way in which the Colts left Baltimore. One was driven out; one was stolen. It's well documented, to use your phrase.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jus10rich View Post
    I would just like to point out that the Colts have been in indianapolis for almost 23 years. That means there are alot of Colts fans in there mid to late 20's that grew up with this team being their team. I think if you were to ask most fans here in indy whether or not they agree with the way things went down when the team moved here, they would tell you that it was shady. But you cant blame the Indy fans for something we had no control over, just like Cleveland cant blame you for taking their team. By the way, Your team was one court order away from being the Baltimore Browns. Art wanted to take the name with him. Its well documented. Only a lawsuit Kept the name in cleveland.

The reason Modell said publicly he was going to name the team the Baltimore Browns was for leverage in the whole moving fight. He felt it was right to leave their heritage in Cleveland, unlike that piece of crap drunk Irsay. Modell only said this to use it as a bargaining chip. Today, with the son of Irsay owning the team, he steals Baltimore's football heritage for the INDIANAPOLIS COLTS. In the Colts media guides, there are plenty of references to the Baltimore Colts, but it doesn't say BALTIMORE, just Colts. I could let go of a lot of my anger if this team of imposters in INDIANAPOLIS stealing Baltimore's football heritage stopped trading of the past glory in Baltimore. Let go of our history & heritage & re-write your history from 1984 to today. Let us have our history back & I'll let go of my anger.

GO RAVENS

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    "I come in peace."

What you do in your private time is your business.

Seriously, welcome to the board, but we are going to hand your team their behinds.
    Now THAT'S FUNNY!!!!! But seriously, if you lived in Indy w/ no team, wouldn't you root for them if they moved in? (Balto. Browns?). Nevertheless, we have no love, civility, or compassion for anything India-no-place Dolt related!
    Jim Irsay does not post here, so any fan that may be stupid, (or brave enough?) to come here and root for the former Blessed Baltimore- turned Ignominious Indy Colts will feel the wrath..... Man-Law... Get over it!!!

23 years and still no significant acheivements to speak of.:grbac:

That speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    23 years and still no significant acheivements to speak of.:grbac:

That speaks volumes.
    What are you talking about R52? They have that "2003 AFC Finalist" banner hanging up in the Loser Dome.

8. Re: I come in peace..

I just dont understand. The Colts are the Colts. Always have been always will be. It's the same franchise. The name Colts didn't belong to Baltimore no more than it belongs to indianapolis. It is the Irsay's team. The name belongs to him.

I can understand why people are upset. Its the same reason i would be upset if they were to leave indy. I grew up a colts fan because i was 8 years old when they came here. The Colts Came close to moving away from indy a couple of years ago, untill the city decided that would be a disaster and gave them a new stadium. Thats the difference between Indy and Baltimore.

Baltimore didn't want to pony up the dough for a new stadium and Indy had one waiting.

The Colts were never Baltimore's to begin with. Baltimore was a place that the colts called Home. And im sure people are upset because of all of the memorys they had. But just like some people move from town to town or from state to state, doesnt mean they can't look back on the times they spent in those places with fondness. Now The colts are in indy, and just because the colts are happy here, why is that such a bad thing.

Its no different than my uncle growing up here in indy and raising a family. They make freinds and memories, then one day, my uncle decides that it would be best for his family if they left and went to Nashville. He decides that it would be easier to just leave without telling anyone because he doesnt want to see all of their freinds dissapointed with the decision. But its whats best for his family so he does it.

I dont see anything wrong with that. Help me.

Your first sentence says it all. You dont understand. So shut up.

I thought you said you didn't want to 'start up.' Now you're telling us the Colts were never ours.

You asked your question, you made your point, you got your answer. Deuce is right.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

11. Re: I come in peace..

The Colts were never yours. The only NFL City that can make that claim is Green Bay. What i dont understand is the animosity towards the colts organization. The man that made the decision to move the franchise is dead. His son was just a few years out of college and had zero input in that decision. You guys are making the Baltimore Ravens fan base look completly ignorant.

What a dipshit.

You still don't get it:

KEEP the football team and the records you've accumilated in Indy.

But don't try to act as if the Colors, Name or accomplishments of the BALTIMORE Colts belong in Indy.

No waydoes a choker like Manning belong in the same sentence as a Johnny Unitas when speaking about Colts history.