Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Weather forecast for Colts game: showers?

Our team hasn't done well in rain games, but I would guess that a dome team should do worse:

The Weather Channel:

Day:
    Showers
    High 65°F
    Precip 40%
    Wind: SSW 8 mph

Night:
    Showers
    Overnight Low 55°F
    Precip 40%
    Wind: S 5 mph
    accuweather:

Saturday, Jan 13
    High: 55 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F
    Considerable clouds with a chance of rain in the afternoon

Saturday Night, Jan 13
    Low: 38 °F RealFeel®: 34 °F
    Cloudy with a couple of showers possible
    Norm Lewis WMAR-TV:
    Saturday - Partly sunny. Highs around 50.

Having just gone out to load up on Arctic gear (including heated battery socks), we hopefully can put it away for the AFC Championship game on the 21st, or get a refund.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Weather forecast for Colts game: showers?

Oh dear . . . . we are not mudders

Hopefully this forecast goes by the wayside as we get closer to the game
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

You guys are actually quoting a weather forecast 6 days in advance? Ha! They can't get it right 2 days in advance! You're wasting energy over nothing. Wait till Thurs to get some idea of what it will be like.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

F'ing Meteorologists

I have been watching the computer models for next weekend since Thursday or so. The models have been pretty consistent with a storm East of the Mississippi sometime during the weekend. Contrary to popular belief, forecasts 2 days or out are actually not that bad. 5-7 days out you can't get extremely accurate but you can tell the general pattern. So right now that pattern for the next weekend looks like it is going to be warm for January (at least temperatures in the mid-upper 50s) with a chance of rain Saturday and Sunday.
    Last edited by WxKevin; 01-07-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Mista T always starts a thread bitching about the weather...

just finish it off and root for the Colts to play the Saints T...then you can have 2 dome teams in fake ass football.

Wink Re: Weather forecast for Colts game: showers?

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    They can't get it right 2 days in advance! You're wasting energy over nothing. Wait till Thurs to get some idea of what it will be like.
    Au contraire. The week ahead forecast for the Bills game predicted temps in the low 50s with showers starting around 5 pm. Guess what: the game time temp was upper 40s, and showers started around 4:45 pm. Those of us who "wasted energy" & paid attention brought raingear!

As to waiting until Thursday: that's OK if you have every type of clothing in your closet to cope with anything from Arctic conditions to balmy breezes and warm rain. And don't get into tailgate party planning. I don't, and I do!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The showers lasted 5 minutes for the Bills game. The temperature range can be somewhat accurate this far out, but this Wednesday I have saw the predicted high was over 40, then 35 the next day, then back over 40 again. Less than 5 days away. I noted that because we have had few days with highs below 40 this year, if any.

As for rain, that forecast means we will have rain somewhere between Friday and Monday, probably. Those of us with an aviation background won't pay attention to weather forecasts until a few days before and put no credence in rain forecast in regard to time until 18 hours or less.

Ted's okay, but maybe he should go ahead and spring for the club seats now, just in case.

Whats next a thread about the glory of Dome stadiums. Is there no end to the madness.

I bought a ton of arctic gear that I've yet to use, also. If I knew thats all it would take i would have bought it 10 yrs ago.

Hey Gang- first post on this site-

Who do you think the weather will affect more? The Ravens have NOT done well with a wet football this year- but the Colts pass more- and rely on precision routes- and live in a dome... any thoughts?

Unfortunately, I think our team will be affected more if there's any sort of rain. The team with the closest offense to the Colts in the entire NFL is the Bengals, and we saw what happened when we played them in the rain. Now, that was in their stadium with their crowd on a short week with a whole host of other factors at play. But our defensive backs play soft in the rain and can't break on the ball as well as the opposing receivers can cut to the ball... and our offense doesn't seem to adjust well to the same conditions. I also think rain could dull our pass rush, like it did against Cincy.

I'm not going to panic, because we have a very good chance to win this game, regardless of the weather. But I'm not going to say that the rain will hurt them more than it will hurt us.

I brought my tailgate tent last game and we didn't have rain during the tailgate. I forgot to take my poncho into the game and guess what happened? It rained. So you can blame me for the rain 2 weeks ago.

This week I will be bringin the tent again BUT I will not forget to take my poncho into the game. Thus, look for sunny skies and warm weather.
    Section 106 from start to finish!