Gaither may not be ready for the Eagles game

Link: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,5265923.story

This is what is worrying me more than the Giants debacle itself.

If Gaither isn't ready we will have a limping Terry at LT and possibly Cousins at RT if Anderson's ankle hasn't healed up. Overall, our line really has taken a hit with our 3 walking-wounded Tackles and Yanda out for the year.

Not to mention D-Mase is still not playing at full strength and Willis is banged up. However, Willis' injury concerns me the least b/c I would love to see HUGE doses of Rice in both the running and passing games.

As many posters have mentioned, Ray Rice is like "Westbrook-lite" and we need to keep setting up screens for him as well as giving him runs to the outside.

It would TRULY be a testament to Harbaugh and the demeanor of this team if we could still make a run at the playoffs after 16 guys on IR and countless others playing injured.

GO RAVENS!

Re: Gaither may not be ready for the Eagles game

The lack of not having a bye week is really starting to come into play now.

We got alot of guys with different stuff that could really benefit from a week off.
    Instead, they are forced to man-up and play which does nothing more then to aggrevate their injurys and delay the healing process.
    The offensive line has been key in our success up to this point and a large reason Flacco has done well.

We start screwing with that and we're done.

Coach sounds alot more optimistic about Anderson then Gaither.
    Hopefully Terry can man up if Gaither can't go giving him another week to get right.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Mason will probably be aching the rest of the season unless he takes a week off, which he will most likely not do.

These O-Line injuries are not good.

The whole league is banged up in case you haven't noticed...We in no way are a special case in that regard.

We just have to leave the excuses on the sidelines and battle like warriors make our playoffs dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    The whole league is banged up in case you haven't noticed...We in no way are a special case in that regard.

We just have to leave the excuses on the sidelines and battle like warriors make our playoffs dreams come true.
    I never said we were "special....in that regard" nor was I using this as an excuse, but you can't deny the fact that we really are the most banged up team in the NFL right now (thanks for the bye week Goddell) .

It is a fact that we have the most players on IR (16) than any other team, and while I agree that not ALL we crucial members, the fact that we are still in the playoff hunt, again, is a testament to willpower, determination and coaching.

When you lose (just to name a few) your starting SS, starting CB, 2 backup CBs, your starting DT, 2 backup DTs, 3rd string TE (with our 2nd string being injured most of the season), 3rd WR, your starting RG, and now have injuries to ALL THREE OTs and your #1 receiver, it is UNBELIEVABLE that we still have a shot.

I'm talking about the team in terms of excuses. They can't have that mindset, even though our IR troubles are well documented.

I don't think it's UNBELIEVABLE that we still have a shot either. This team has a top running attack that is still intact and, despite the whooping we received Sunday, probably the best run defense in the league.

We'll be right there in the fight until the final whistle is blown on the final regular season game. :D

I do find it impressive though that we're only one game out of the division lead though...taking care of the home field will serve us well in this parity-driven season.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I'm talking about the team in terms of excuses. They can't have that mindset, even though our IR troubles are well documented.

I don't think it's UNBELIEVABLE that we still have a shot either. This team has a top running attack that is still intact and, despite the whooping we received Sunday, probably the best run defense in the league.

We'll be right there in the fight until the final whistle is blown on the final regular season game. :D

I do find it impressive though that we're only one game out of the division lead though...taking care of the home field will serve us well in this parity-driven season.
    I hear ya, Ravenous, and I don't think the team would be thinkng like that (at least I hope not). My observations are strictly from a fan perspective outside of the organization.

As far as whether or not it's unbelievable that they are at this point, if I told you, before the season started about all of the above injuries including KB and TS being out and having to start Joe Cool against one of the toughest schedules in the league, I'm not sure many would have predicted 6-4 through ten games with 3 wins on the road.

At any rate, no worries - I think we should all take a page out of Flacco's handbook - don't get too high or too low and enjoy the ride because it should be wild!

GO RAVENS!