Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If the Season Ended Today.....

We'd still be in the playoffs, even after getting our asses handed to us today.

Playoff Seeds

Basically, we still dictate our own destiny, but with very little room for error now.

Now is not the time to panic, now is the time to rise up to the challenge.

:ww: :ww: :ww: :ww: :ww: :ww:
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Re: If the Season Ended Today.....

We have no room for error, there are 4 teams who are 6-4 right now. Luckily we are second out of those 4 when it comes to tie breakers. Every single one of those teams has a much easier schedule the rest of the way than we do.

Truth is I would be very surprised if we made the playoffs this year. I am still happy with where this team is headed and with Flacco.

Talk to me in 3 weeks I may be wrong, but it is
    1. Too early to talk about playoffs for this team. Maybe 3-4 weeks I will take another look at the playoff picture.
    2. We have to be at the very worst 4-2 the rest of the way, I am still not sure that would even get us in.

Maybe one of these days we will beat a team that has a winning record. I know Miami has a winning record now, but they didn't when we played them.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Let's not forget that we'll gain a game on the Steelers if we beat them next month, so it's still realistic for us to win the division, and frankly I think we have a better shot at that than at a wild card. Let's just hope the Steelers don't get hot.

Also, the Redskins, Cowboys and Eagles don't look as tough as they were earlier in the season, do they?

A lot can happen in 6 weeks and the season is not over. We shouldn't be talking "ifs".

I dont think we need to panic,just yet.What we saw yesterday was embarassing indeed.the Raven's got thier asses handed to them and were beat at their own game.so it's safe to say on nov. 16 2008 the Giants were the better team.

I dont like to go down the schedule and pick each week what i think will result in either a win or a loss.This game is to unpredictable and to much can happen from week to week.We are 6-4 with 6 games to go.I expected a very close tight game yesterday and it didnt turn out to well.But like every week it's time to move on to the next one and that is the Eagles.

We have four of our next six at home.We play best in our OWN HOUSE.Let's go out take this as a gut check and get back on a little winning streak and EARN our respect and own ticket into the playoff's.

:happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim :happyanim

And if mice had machine guns, cats wouldn't fuck with 'em...

We're a loooooooooooooong way from the finish line and can't afford to fade now with a bulk of home games and a team smarting from an all around embarassing performance against the Giants.

I like the optimism, Fanatic...But you know as well as I do we're about to go swimming in shark-infested waters and nothing less than 4 wins in the next 6 games will get us into the postseason.

That said, I think that we win 5 of the next 6, with you and the Whorehat Brigade leading the way at home!!:ww:

You heard it here first folks!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Despite having our asses handed to us we were in that game with a few breaks. We didn't deserve to be in it because we were getting run on like we were the Bengals. But we were, and with a drive for a FG instead of Mason having it bounce off of him for 6 the other way it could have been interesting.

I truly though the Ray Ray pick closing out the half was the momentum swing, then... disaster. Ah well. Shit happens, folks.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I like the optimism, Fanatic...But you know as well as I do we're about to go swimming in shark-infested waters and nothing less than 4 wins in the next 6 games will get us into the postseason.

That said, I think that we win 5 of the next 6, with you and the Whorehat Brigade leading the way at home!!:ww:

You heard it here first folks!
    I'm not even sure I'm optimistic to be totally honest with you.

I was more merely pointing out the fact that losing to what many feel is the best team in the NFL right now is not the end of a promising season.

What lies ahead is indeed a tall order, but doable depending on our injury status and a few bounces going our way.

We could just as easily drop several of the next 6 as most of those games are against teams in the same type situation as ours.

I do agree though, 4 out of 6 minimal is needed with #1 having to come this weekend.

Even if we do get to the playoffs, I'm not too sure we'd do anything but......
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

we really needed that bye week to rest some of our players, this team looks like the red cross with so many IR , That being said , We were inches away on most of those running plays and if not for some bad breaks we were in that game , despite what the biased announcers said

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'm not even sure I'm optimistic to be totally honest with you.

I was more merely pointing out the fact that losing to what many feel is the best team in the NFL right now is not the end of a promising season.

What lies ahead is indeed a tall order, but doable depending on our injury status and a few bounces going our way.

We could just as easily drop several of the next 6 as most of those games are against teams in the same type situation as ours.

I do agree though, 4 out of 6 minimal is needed with #1 having to come this weekend.

Even if we do get to the playoffs, I'm not too sure we'd do anything but......
    Whether we do anything in the playoffs or not, it would be a HUGE football experience for our team of rookies and players who have never been there. And if our defense and offense happen to click at the same time, you never know!

Call it optimism, but none of the teams on our schedule are very impressive right now. We CAN win all of these games, or at least 5 of 6.

Philly - Couldn't even beat the Bengals.
    Cincy - 1-8-1 record says all you need to know.
    Washington - Pitiful last night, worse against the Squeelers.
    Pissburgh - Shoulda beat them the first time. They haven't won in Baltimore since October 27, 2002. (Jeff Blake, Travis Taylor, Ron Johnson hah!)
    Dallas - Looked just a little less pitiful than the Skins last night.
    Jacksonville - Lost to the Bengals and Browns. 4-6 record.

Not a very tough schedule, despite what some talking heads may think. Injuries to us might be the difference.