3 plays that changed the game

1. Blocked FG - really deflated the offense in the first half, Giants get the ball in our territory, score

2. The Justin Bannan offsides call that wasn't. Watch the DVR, he just got a great jump. The line judge merely saw he moved first and threw the flag. Manning throws a pick in our territory, that would have been a HUGE momentum swing. Instead they get the ball back and put it in the end zone 3 or 4 plays later. A classic example of why you should be able to challenge any penalty, or at least this penalty.

3. The Mason bounce INT - It's 20-10 in the 3rd qtr, despite the blocked FG and the b.s. offsides call, we had a chance to close the gap and make this a game. After a big stand by our defense, this play just ended everything. It was definitely over at this point.

That's about it, you take away those three plays and it would have been a much different ball game, despite giving up two big runs.

Re: 3 plays that changed the game

I really want to watch the Bannan offside call again. It looked good to me too. Just a perfect anticipation of the snap count.

There were a number of plays that changed this game, and none of them seemed to go in our favor. The first time Jacobs touched the ball (36 yards around the backside) really set the tone and left our D in a state of shock.

That's about it, you take away those three plays and it would have been a much different ball game, despite giving up two big runs.
    Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Come on, that first run was a major tone-setter. Big Play #1.
    The blocked FG - Big Play #2. A 10-pint swing.
    Mason's non-catch and INT for a TD- Big Play #3, the "Killer". A 10-14 point swing.

The other big run was just salt. The game was over by then.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

That one Bannan offsides was indeed a bad call ....

But what about the other 5?

We keep killing ourselves! Just because we had one bad offsides call against us doesnt mean they were all bad.

We are a team prone to penalties. The ref's watch film too and until we have better discipline, we will keep getting these calls.

I didn't think the first big run was that much of a killer. JJ over pursued and he found that back side wide open. We let up a big run like that against the Colts too, I don't think it phased them that much. In the second half they stepped it up a notch, it's not like they scored at will or anything (like the Colts game).

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That one Bannan offsides was indeed a bad call ....

But what about the other 5?

We keep killing ourselves! Just because we had one bad offsides call against us doesnt mean they were all bad.

We are a team prone to penalties. The ref's watch film too and until we have better discipline, we will keep getting these calls.
    It seems like the whole league is having a surge of penalties. Did you see the Stealers game? Holy crap, there was an offsides, false start, holding, block in the back, whatever, on every play. The Houston game had a lot of penalties too. I don't know what's going on. I agree with you though, we shot ourselves in the foot a lot, I just pointed out the Bannan call because the INT.