Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Men Against Boys

Yea, I know, there are those of you out there who will be offended by my saying this, but it was Men Against Boys out there today. I love my team as much as the other guy; but, hey, this Giants team just MANHANDLED us! They embarassed us! What can one say, except we better get ready for the remainder of this schedule, or it's lights out until next year!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Men Against Boys

I agree that the Giants were certainly the better team out there today, but I wouldn't say the Ravens got embarrassed like the way they played against the Colts.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

We got our ass handed to us today. By in my opinion the best team in football... in their stadium. Yep, this one stings a fair bit. But I think we'll rebound from this one and give the Eagles hell next week.

This was a game where Ray Lewis was not at his best and I think it showed. Where was Suggs? Bart Scott?

In a game where I thought Manning would throw at will, the giants ran at will. They seemed able to neutralize our linebackers.

Blog Entries

Let's take solace in this...

This was arguably the toughest game left on our schedule...if we can come out of that 30-10 and likely with a hungry Defense looking to avenge their poor play, I think we could suprise some teams the rest of this year.

Remember, we expected this team to go 4-12, 5-11 at best...they're 6-4, and our offense is now an equal to our Defense. Let's take that offense to a team with a weaker defense, or a worse offense...I think we can win at least 3 of the next 6.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

My concern is the injuries are really starting to rack up and the lack of a real Bye is becoming more obvious now. Niggly injuries are starting to play out and it's not gonna get getter.

Agree, the Ravens were certainly outplayed today, but I'm not ready to jump off a bridge. Sometimes you learn more from defeat. Hopefully the Ravens learned a little about themselves by the way they were humbledand can take that knowledge into the rest of the year.

That said, I was scratching my head for how they continued to run the ball being down by 3 touchdowns.

Go Chargers!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Everybody needs to take a deep breath. This is the defending Super Bowl champions we just played. We had a patch work O-Line and Secondary and a rookie QB.
    At the beginning of the season we were projected to win 4-6 games by most experts. I know expectations have raised based on teams play over the season, but we are still realistically expected to get beat by this team.
    We should do well against an Eagles team that is having trouble with the Bengals. No matter how the team tries to sell it, being on the road this long has to suck and after winning 4 straight the boys have done fine.
    Lets get ready to welcome them home to beat the Eagles.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

It was seven different kinds of ugly, but not the end of the world. Ravens got out-played by a great team. That game is now behind the Ravens, and they can focus on playing at home against the Eagles.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    I agree that the Giants were certainly the better team out there today, but I wouldn't say the Ravens got embarrassed like the way they played against the Colts.
    It wasn't much worse though.....this was beatdown by the G-Men!

Guys. We're still 6-4. If Pittsburgh loses today we're still tied with them for the division lead.

This without half our starting team on the field, a rookie QB, rookie HC, rookie RB.

We didn't NEED this game at this point to get into the playoffs. Now we just have to take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Guys. We're still 6-4. If Pittsburgh loses today we're still tied with them for the division lead.

This without half our starting team on the field, a rookie QB, rookie HC, rookie RB.

We didn't NEED this game at this point to get into the playoffs. Now we just have to take care of business.
    Hello Voice of Reason. Glad you could make it. :happyanim
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!