OT/ Kudos to the Mids

I know they lost the game, but they Never gave up! I love to watch the academy teams play, because they bring everything they have - they're winners in the purest sense of the word! I thought the game was over with 2:30 to play. I was under cover when the rains came, and was ready to depart the stadium when they began their comeback. I bet the ND coach was kicking himself for not going for that field goal when he had the chance late in the game - he too thought the game was over, and did not want to run the score up. Nice gesture; but the Mids were still looking to win the game! I feel real good knowing that we have leaders like this heading into the fleet!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: OT/ Kudos to the Mids

I look forward to hammering some of those raw Academy grads into full-fledged MARINE CORPS OFFICERS!

That game had me on the edge of my seat! Go Navy!!

That would have been the comeback of the decade.

Notre Dame is very overrated, and their second string is soft as a fluffy teddy bear.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

the important thing is how Navy always wins those international competitions (Midway, Marianas, Santiago Bay, Serapis...)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    the important thing is how Navy always wins those international competitions (Midway, Marianas, Santiago Bay, Serapis...)
    Cuz they're smart enough to stack their team with MARINES...:respect

Thumbs up Re: OT/ Kudos to the Mids

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I was under cover when the rains came, and was ready to depart the stadium when they began their comeback.
    I was not under cover, and departed when I saw that big black cloud roll in through the stadium notches. I was really concerned due to the tornado warning. We got hammered at the Light Rail station, but fortunately loaded up under the Hamburg Street bridge.

I ususally don't wimp out, but after staying for the previous week's comeback win after a 27-7 deficit, I didn't think we would see lightning strike twice with the same score. I was almost wrong! Almost amazing two week gritty performances.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Great photo! The Mids can be proud of another great season. From the summer practices (which are horrible!), to the grueling and regimented academic schedule they need to embrace, the military academies are all about winning and protecting this great country of ours!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton