Westbrook banged up for Ravens game...

Looks like I'll be sitting him for longer than this week on my fantasy team if his high ankle sprain and knee ailments continue to affect his number of carries and receptions. Great news for the Ravens, IMHO.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/d...Westbrook.html

Westbrook upped the ante again on his ESPN 950 AM radio show this week, when he explained his success Sunday on draw plays, vs. a distinct lack of success with other types of runs, by saying that his high ankle sprain and knee troubles make it much easier for him to accelerate in a straight line these days than to cut sharply.

Westbrook also noted that a high ankle sprain doesn't really heal until the season is over.

Andy Reid seems to be reacting to this situation by embracing the worst of both worlds -- he won't put Westbrook on the shelf until he heals, instead he's keeping Westbrook out there, using his injury-related ineffectiveness as an excuse to pretty much abandon the running game. Running with Correll Buckhalter or even Lorenzo Booker -- inactive two successive games now -- is not an option, somehow.
    I know we're facing our own injury challenges, but a less effective Brian Westbrook definitely bodes well for a defense looking to recover its swagger.

Re: Westbrook banged up for Ravens game...

Westbrook is one tough dude, and one hell of a football player...a lot like Mason. If the Ravens have any hopes of winning this weekend, then Westbrook, who will play hurt, needs to be stopped, leaving only McNabb to beat our secondary.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Re: Westbrook banged up for Ravens game...

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Westbrook is one tough dude, and one hell of a football player7.
    DeMatha HS only produces the best!

4. Re: Westbrook banged up for Ravens game...

I'm still worried about him turning a 1 yard screen pass into a 40 yard play on our defense. He seems to do it everytime we play them in the preseason when the starters are out there.