Nice Joe Flacco Story up on NFL.com

Flacco is making a name for himself in Baltimore
    By Vic Carucci

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Adam Terry was just having a little fun with his rookie teammate who didn't exactly enter the NFL with a household name or big-time college credentials.

"When he first came in, I started calling him Shane Falco, from The Replacements," the Baltimore Ravens' veteran offensive guard said with a mischievous grin.

Joe Flacco, Shane Falco? For all anyone on or around the Ravens knew, the kid would answer to either one, so many of the other players went with Falco. He wasn't supposed to see much, if any, of the field this year anyway, so whether he was identified by his real name or that of a fictional movie character didn't seem all that relevant back then. Flacco, Falco? Hey, at least they're both quarterbacks.

But as the man who has led the Ravens to victory in their last four games, Flacco has become pretty hard to overlook.

"Everybody knows his name now," Terry said
    The rest of the article is there. I thought it was a great read. Nice to see the rookie getting some props by the national writers.

It's really nice to see a QB succeed in this town. :)

Re: Nice Joe Flacco Story up on NFL.com

Watching the Navy/ND game they said that they will have a piece with Ryan and Flacco tomorrow on CBS.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Watching the Navy/ND game they said that they will have a piece with Ryan and Flacco tomorrow on CBS.
    Flacco will add an entire bandwagon legion of fans to his collection if he performs well against the Giants.

I like the fact that he's humble and composed (most of the time). We need a QB who's cool under pressure.

And WOW, look at Navy threatening to upset Notre Lame!

Blog Entries

I thought Suggs was trying to take credit for calling him Falco?

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

More love for Flacco in Cincinnati. I just opened my Sunday Enquirer to find Joe Flacco is this week's "Who's Hot" guy.

Yea!

What I love about Flacco is his calm demeanor - he just does not seem to get rattled, and loves the challenge! Not to mention, he is a smart kid, with all of the physical tools. Kudos to the Wizard of Oz on this pick. He is going to be around for a while!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton