Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 14

Thread: Mark Teixeria

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,942

    Mark Teixeria



    who likes the chances of us signing him?




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern York County PA.
    Posts
    158

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Not unless he can take the mound every 5 days and give 7 innings @ less then an era of 4.




  3. #3

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Mark Teixeria is from Maryland!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,558
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Oriole fans crack me up. Every year it's the same thing - "will we sign [insert big name free agent here]?" and then "if we sign [insert big name free agent here] it will draw the fans back and with the money we can build a winning franchise.

    Every sports agent knows you can use the Orioles to drive up the price for REAL baseball franchises.

    Rafael Furcal would have been a legitimate signing for a position of desperate need, and we failed again. Go figure. Being an Orioles fan is like being a Bengals fan with even less of a chance.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,000
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Oriole fans crack me up. Every year it's the same thing - "will we sign [insert big name free agent here]?" and then "if we sign [insert big name free agent here] it will draw the fans back and with the money we can build a winning franchise.

    Every sports agent knows you can use the Orioles to drive up the price for REAL baseball franchises.

    Rafael Furcal would have been a legitimate signing for a position of desperate need, and we failed again. Go figure. Being an Orioles fan is like being a Bengals fan with even less of a chance.
    Mostly true....McPhail is trying, but 'Ass'elos hasn't opened his wallet yet. If they were going to sign someone to big money it should be Mark Teixeira. He is a good hitter and he is from Baltimore. It would bring people back to the stadium. This team has so many holes though....




  6. Re: Mark Teixeria

    I'm convinced Satan is cursed. Doesn't matter who he signs, they will spring leaks elsewhere.

    Honestly, I try not to say this much because I don't want to ruin some fans hot stoves.

    But they now have NY/Bos/& TB ahead of them. Not to mention a sporadic Toronto. I may never see them win the WS again in my lifetime. And I'm 40.




  7. Re: Mark Teixeria

    Quote Originally Posted by POPSinPA View Post
    Not unless he can take the mound every 5 days and give 7 innings @ less then an era of 4.

    If that was the role he served the chances would be even slimmer then they are now he becomes an Oriole.

    No way Angelos forks over that type of coin for a player that only sees the field every 5 days.
    He's even come right out and said it himself.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Towson
    Posts
    96

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Angels back out, we may be in line for nabbing him!




  9. #9

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Sure, but the Yankers are still in the running. And so are the Nats. If there is any rumor to the 200,000,000 supposedly being offered by the Nats, it will be a tough sell for B-more.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    2,891

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Source says he signed with Yankees.

    We get to boo the shit out of this turncoat, money-grubbing asshole 9 times a year.




  11. #11

    Re: Mark Teixeria

    Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Source says he signed with Yankees.

    We get to boo the shit out of this turncoat, money-grubbing asshole 9 times a year.
    Yeah, you an the other 2,000 Orioles fans at Camdern Yards. Your boos will be drowned out by the let's go Yankees cheer that sounds like a cash register ringing to Peter.

    Remember, don't interfere with any Yankees fans good time or you will be kicked out of Fenway south.




  12. Re: Mark Teixeria

    Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Source says he signed with Yankees.

    We get to boo the shit out of this turncoat, money-grubbing asshole 9 times a year.
    As usual it is the player that gets blamed? Would you play for Angelos? I wouldn't. Especially not for 40 million dollars less.

    Why is it always the player that has to sacrifice to this guy?

    Wake me up when they are sold.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland