Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT - O's New Uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    See, I love the "O's" hat. Like that better than the orthologically (sp?) correct bird. I actually wish they'd either make the O's hat the full-time hat or bring back the cartoon bird.
    ornithologically...yer welcome.

I love the Baltimore....of course but I think the Maryland patch is awful. They should put a simple MD flag on the back near the collar. I don't like the "new" bird...I like the cartoon one.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    Baltimore on the away jersey is great, but I really think they missed a great opportunity to bring back to cartoon bird. It is superior to the plain and boring real bird in every possible way. But still, definite improvement.

And the 'real' bird while pretty has absolutely no intimidation factor and no real visual impact, you are correct it is very boring.

Cartoon characters are not bad. There is a whole collectable field for the old NattyBoh monocle man, Michelin has used one for ages, and I've always liked that old cartoon bird.

But bringing the Baltimore script back is definitely a step in the right direction.

awesome!

angelos still sucks.

Sorry but Im old school. I like the cartoonish looking bird that they used to have on their caps. If they put a cigar in his beak it would have been even better.

Either way, you can dress them up anyway you like they're still going to lose....HA!
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Either way, you can dress them up anyway you like they're still going to lose....HA!
    Well, we didn't spend over $200 million to miss out on the playoffs unlike some teams.

Well, we didn't spend over $200 million to miss out on the playoffs unlike some teams.
    lol, just some friendly ribbing. its all good.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Like everyone else, I really like that they put "Baltimore" back on the front. Orioles fans haven't seen that since 1972. It's kinda hard to realize, but during the entire "Ripken Era", Cal never had the honor to have "Baltimore" written on his uniform...

I also like the new striping on the pants and sleeves. Looks like the old O's uniforms from the early 90s. Though I was hoping for either the cartoon bird as well, or at least something that looked different then the previous bird, I do like that they have the black hat/orange brim for both home and away. Keeping the orange brim and "Baltimore" script look like the classic O's from the 60s.

Like I said, I'm not too excited bout the "new" Orioles bird. I'm not really sold on the MD patch on the sleeves, but I never realized that it'd be nice to have that ongoing theme with Maryland teams as UKRavenStockers said. Personally, I think the "Orioles" and "Baltimore" written on the sleeves looks a little weird too.

But overall, I do like the new look. It's a nice mix of the old school.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Love the new uniforms. Would like them to replace the "O's" on the cap of the black uniforms for a bird any kind of bird. We are not the "O's"; we are the Orioles.

I still would rather see block letters then that cartoonish script that's on there now.

They classed up the bird and now the logo but left the script as is.

Still looks silly, IMO.

I agree. The Orioles had block letters on their home uniforms back in 1965 for one year only. That was replaced by the 1966 uniforms with the script lettering, which was much smaller in size than the current lettering they use now.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I still would rather see block letters then that cartoonish script that's on there now.

They classed up the bird and now the logo but left the script as is.

Still looks silly, IMO.
    Block letters?

Dear god no. The script is fantastic. Nothing beats the gray uniform with script Baltimore. It's what the team wore in the glory days. I love it.

I cannot stand the O's hat and the new bird looks pregnant. Bring back the cartoon bird and it would be perfect.

The biggest thing was getting Baltimore back on the away jerseys. I'll get used to the patch even though it seems a bit weird now. I also like the stripe on the sleeve.

PP