60 senate seats still available for Democrats

The final three senate seats still undecided looking more promising the Democrats:

Georgia: There will be a runoff election on December 2 between Jim Martin (D) and Saxby Chambliss (R). Evidenty McCain will be in Georgia trying to rally support for Chambliss.

You might remember Saxby from his 2002 campaign against Max Cleland in which he infamously aired one of the most shameful ads. Saxby's ad tried to link Max, a heroic war veteran and triple amputee, to Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein. John McCain said this on those attacks:

"I'd never seen anything like that ad. Putting pictures of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden next to the picture of a man who left three limbs on the battlefield -- it's worse than disgraceful. It's reprehensible."

Way to put "Country First" John!

Alaska: Earlier today, Ted Stevens (R) had a lead of 971 votes over Mark Begich (D), after partial counting of absentee ballots and early ballots today in Alaska. As of tonight, Begich now leads by three votes, with an additional 15,000 votes tallied up. Wow. Remember Stevens in a convicted felon right now. Another stand up Alaskan Republican! Is there something in the water in Alaska???

Minnesota: Currently Norm Coleman (R) leads Al Franken (D) by just over 200votes and that keeps dwindling with each report. Additionally:

"A Minnesota good government group that works with Democrats and progressives has called on both the Senate Ethics Committee and the local FBI office to investigate allegations that GOP senator Norm Coleman accepted $75,000 in gifts from a friend and supporter."

oops! Just when the Repugnants thought it was bad enough that Obama doubled McCain in electoral votes...now they have to consider facing a filibuster-proof senate.

If this pace keeps up it won't just be adolescents in Trap's "Commie labor camps" but Trap will goose-stepping himself closely behind. ;) Have you gotten your hammer and sickle in the mail yet Trapster?

Blog Entries

Re: 60 senate seats still available for Democrats

Checks and Balances are a good thing.

Honestly, I wouldn't want any party to have complete control......and if you really think one party control is best, then this is the wrong country for you!

Real classy Trap - You can't win on this issues, so you sink to the mud slinging and name calling.

Freddie the Commie
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Yea, but I gave it to Freddie the Commie.

You really need to go back to Central America Galen. Thats the place for you and theyll appreciate you. Thats where the Martin Sheen crowd has been the last 8 yrs. Im surpised you came back.

actually I prefer Bolivia but it is not so safe there right now for Americans due to our award winning foriegn policy right now. There is change on the horizon though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    actually I prefer Bolivia but it is not so safe there right now for Americans due to our award winning foriegn policy right now. There is change on the horizon though.
    Could you tell me what that is?

Does Obama's mere presence as the POTUS signify that change or will it be something more tangible? Could you give me something concrete?
    Last edited by 4G63; 11-13-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Could you tell me what that is? Could you give me something concrete?
    Here are quotes from leaders around the world. Of course there are those who will call me a commie for caring what Chaves, Morales, Ortega etc. care about our election but these are more than likely people who have not spent time in central or south america. As a result, it s hard for me to understand their opinions since they don't know the people nor the countries nor do they understand american foreign policy from the other side. There is now a great opening for the U.S. to create new relationships with countries all over the world.

1. Gordon Brown, UK prime minister, hailed Barack Obama’s victory as a moment which would ‘live in history as long as history books are written’, saying he looked forward to working ‘extremely closely’ with the new president

2. European Union policymakers and experts hailed Barack Obama’s victory as a chance for a fresh start at tackling the world’s security and economic challenges, but some warned against raising expectations too high

3. President Nicolas Sarkozy of France saluted Barack Obama’s ‘brilliant victory’ and celebrated the American people’s choice of ‘change, openness and optimism’
    4. There was widespread relief in Berlin at the victory of Barack Obama, the candidate an overwhelming majority of Germans would have picked, had they had a vote

5. Italians of all stripes appeared enthralled by the victory of Barack Obama, and highlighted in their reactions his youth and ‘newness’

6. The excitement surrounding Barack Obama’s victory has swept across the Middle East – a region where the common perception has been that anybody would be better than George W. Bush

7. Even in the remotest corners of Africa, pride and expectation were palpable as news of Barack Obama’s victory filtered through

8. Iranians have welcomed the victory of Barack Obama expressing hope that he will improve relations between Tehran and Washington

9. Hundreds of jubilant villagers waved twigs and danced from house to house in the tiny village of Kogelo, in Western Kenya on news that Barack Obama’s victory in the US presidential elections

10. Andean leaders hailed the election of Barack Obama, expressing hope that the president-elect of the United States would seek closer ties with the region

11. Venezuela’s President Hugo Chávez, who shot to notoriety in the US in September 2006 when he labeled George W. Bush ‘the devil’ at the UN general assembly, warmly welcomed the election of Barack Obama

12. Support for president-elect Barack Obama among the Afghan politicians and senior officials who attended the US embassy’s election party in Kabul was unequivocal

13. Islamabad welcomed Barack Obama’s victory as it prepared to work with a new US administration which is widely expected to review its ties with Pakistan

14. The prime minister’s ruling party hailed Barack Obama’s ‘youthful energy, exuberant dynamism and a forward looking progressive mindset which is also the spirit animating India’

15. Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva praised the US president-elect’s “political competence” and expressed hope that Washington would have “stronger relations with Latin America, Brazil and Africa,” and that the new Democratic administration would adopt a “policy of support” for the development of poor countries

16. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez congratulated Obama and said in a statement saying, “the time has come to establish new relations. We are convinced that the time has come to establish new relations between our countries and with our region on the foundation of respect for sovereignty, equality and real cooperation,” Chavez said in a statement released by the foreign ministry.

17. Bolivian President Evo Morales hailed Obama’s victory and said his “great desire” was the lifting of Washington’s economic embargo against Cuba, as well as the pullout of US troops from other countries. “For sure, he’s going to continue making history. My great desire, hopefully, is that Mr. Obama will be able to lift the economic blockade on Cuba and to withdraw the troops from some countries,” Morales, a close ally of Cuba and Venezuela, told reporters before his weekly Cabinet meeting. Morales, Bolivia’s first Indian president, said Obama was a “gentleman who comes from the most discriminated groups, a gentleman who comes from the enslaved groups.”

18. Chilean President Michelle Bachelet said Obama’s election marked “a historic moment” and that his platform was based on shared principles. “I believe we are living a historic moment with this win because the world today must deal with serious difficulties for the lives of people, such as the energy crisis, the economic crisis and the food crisis,” the Chilean president said.

19. Managua, Nov 5 (Prensa Latina) President Daniel Ortega expressed today his satisfaction for the triumph of Barack Obama in the presidencial elections of the United States and said he sent him a greeting to the winner through the US ambassador to this country. We are very happy with election results in the United States. Obama won!, said the Sandinista president during the inauguration this Wednesday of the road project La Libertad-Juigalpa, 106 miles east of Managua.

Blog Entries

But Galen, you still haven't said anything.

If all it takes is optimism, then we'll be fine I guess?!?

I just would like to know what Obama is gonna do if we have another 9/11 or if Israel is attacked.....

But Galen, you still haven't said anything.

If all it takes is optimism, then we'll be fine I guess?!?

I just would like to know what Obama is gonna do if we have another 9/11 or if Israel is attacked.....
    you asked me why i think change is on the horizon? I don't know what he will do if another 9-11 occurs....and I don't know what McCain would have done either.

I do know that the rest of the world is excited that we elected a President that seems to give a shit about what the rest of the world thinks. Countries that I like to travel in are excited and will be more welcoming of americans which allows greater opportunities of traveling. Frankly I don't live in constant fear of another 9-11. There is a greater chance of me getting hit by a car walking across the street.

If the world thnks we are more open to discussion and compromise, i believe they will be less likely to terrorize us. That is the change Obama will bring and that is enough for me at this point.

Blog Entries

you asked me why i think change is on the horizon? I don't know what he will do if another 9-11 occurs....and I don't know what McCain would have done either.

I do know that the rest of the world is excited that we elected a President that seems to give a shit about what the rest of the world thinks. Countries that I like to travel in are excited and will be more welcoming of americans which allows greater opportunities of traveling. Frankly I don't live in constant fear of another 9-11. There is a greater chance of me getting hit by a car walking across the street.

If the world thnks we are more open to discussion and compromise, i believe they will be less likely to terrorize us. That is the change Obama will bring and that is enough for me at this point.
    Seriously? You truly believe because Barack Obama was elected President that the threat of another terrorist attack is gone?

Al Qaeda still hates us, regardless of whether Obama or McCain was elected and they won't stop until the US crumbles. That's a fact. Worrying about what the "world" thinks can hurt the US in the long run, as evidenced by Clinton's inactions in the 90's in regards to Al Qaeda.

I honestly hope we never have another 9/11, but being POTUS isn't like running the lollipop guild, its the #1 post in the world and you'll be judged on both the good and the bad. A terrorist attack is still a possibilty, even though the American public has become (as usual) complacent. Everyones "optimism" only goes so far when the shit hits the fan. I just don't know whether he'll do what's best for the US in the long run......

But hey, he's gonna solve all this worlds ills and make everyone love each other....

Seriously? You truly believe because Barack Obama was elected President that the threat of another terrorist attack is gone?

Al Qaeda still hates us, regardless of whether Obama or McCain was elected and they won't stop until the US crumbles. That's a fact. Worrying about what the "world" thinks can hurt the US in the long run, as evidenced by Clinton's inactions in the 90's in regards to Al Qaeda.

I honestly hope we never have another 9/11, but being POTUS isn't like running the lollipop guild, its the #1 post in the world and you'll be judged on both the good and the bad. A terrorist attack is still a possibilty, even though the American public has become (as usual) complacent. Everyones "optimism" only goes so far when the shit hits the fan. I just don't know whether he'll do what's best for the US in the long run......

But hey, he's gonna solve all this worlds ills and make everyone love each other....

ok dude...the world is fucking over....we should just all jump off the bridge right now. why go on?

seriously...take a xanax...go outside...breath deeply. I promise if a bomb lands on your head, you will probably never know anyway.

Your reaction is a product of 8 years of failed policy and shell-game tactics. If you would like to know what Obama might do in the event of another 9-11? Well I would hope he would catch the person responsible. Seems pretty logical to me.

Call it naive all you want but life goes on.

Blog Entries

ok dude...the world is fucking over....we should just all jump off the bridge right now. why go on?

seriously...take a xanax...go outside...breath deeply. I promise if a bomb lands on your head, you will probably never know anyway.

Your reaction is a product of 8 years of failed policy and shell-game tactics. If you would like to know what Obama might do in the event of another 9-11? Well I would hope he would catch the person responsible. Seems pretty logical to me.

Call it naive all you want but life goes on.
    We couldn't catch Mohammed Atta could we? ;)

Honestly, as I've said before, my glass is half-full with Obama. I really do hope our country can return to better times (even though Obama has less control over this than people really know). I just choose to live in the real world and realize that BHO can't solve this countries foreign policy issues by just being "present".

If he has to choose whats better for him or his country, I'm not sure he'll make the right decision....but I hope I'm wrong!