1. What is the "flag ship" station doing?

WBAL is the "flag ship" station of the Ravens, aren't they? Then why did it take WNST to get Billick out to do a radio show? This just goes to show that 50,000 watts don't mean a thing if you don't know what to do with them. Keep up the good work Nestor!

Re: What is the "flag ship" station doing?

I still have a problem with WBAL when they cut out of the Steve McNair initial press conference to go and play the same news that they had just played 30 minute earlier at the top of the hour. For a "Flag Ship Station" they have no respect for the team or their fans and just did it for the Advertisment Sales they thought they would be making. Funny how WJFK/WHFS kept all their sponsors for the Game Day Uncensored.

And WNST has always been great at getting the coaches to do apperances and phone-ins for the various shows.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Doesn't Billick have a radio show that he does every week on 'BAL?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HDDream View Post
    I was just going to say. Davis has Billick on every week for his radio show and it is filmed and aired on MASN. Watched it last night.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin View Post
    I was just going to say. Davis has Billick on every week for his radio show and it is filmed and aired on MASN. Watched it last night.
    And Davis doesn't talk over Billick and the fans get to ask questions and get answers.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by HDDream View Post
    Exactly. There are a lot of criticisms - and I mean, a lot - that can be leveled at BAL's Ravens coverage, but this simply isn't one of them.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Steve Davis is the worst. If he was competent as much as he thinks he is funny, well maybe..... He is pathetic. WBAL is afraid to hire anyone with an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Steve Davis is the worst. If he was competent as much as he thinks he is funny, well maybe..... He is pathetic. WBAL is afraid to hire anyone with an opinion.

Agree. I'm going to let you all in on a secret about WBAL...they are very afraid to be "cutting edge" and actually have any hosts that have opinions on what the Ravens do. They won't put anyone on the air that will be on the negative side as they don't want to ruin their two year contract and want the Ravens to sign with them for another five years after this initial contract runs out. They want to be the "white bread" of football coverage with their safe comments about the Ravens and the NFL.

As for the Brian Billick show that is part of the Ravens Radio contract and they have to air it. They also have to allow Billick to take calls and answer the questions without Steve interupting all the time. Just like they have to air One Winning Drive with Larry Rosenberg. The MASN taping of the show is part of the deal the Ravens signed with MASN and not with Comcast Sports Net. That's why after every home game they do the post-game show.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

& what did the idiots do @ CBS radio during the time they held the contract? They had nothing bad to say & that jerk Bulldog would challenge people who would call & disagree with him. Then they call their coverage "uncensored" now, like the Ravens blocked them from saying anything negative.

Look, Nestor does a great job, & he has a lot of contacts & friends inside the Ravens orginization that the other media in town doesn't have. His rallies are great for the fans & the team. Attend them & have fun. Why can't we all just be happy & cheer on our team to victory?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

10. Re: What is the "flag ship" station doing?

I went to the WNST studio for my sports broadcasting camp. Nestor came in the first two years.
    Pittsburgh's all rusty, Cincinnati's a jungle, and Cleveland's gone to the dogs.