Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Cowher to announce retirement

Yeah baby.

The Raiders are a mess -- no one wanted to coach there last year, and if anything, the situation is even worse now.

The Steelers, on the other hand, jumps to the top of the list of attractive HC gigs.

The steeler's will most likely hire from within. i have to admit i am a little sad to see him go. He was a fun person to root against and with him on the sidelines, it seemed to add a bit to the rivalry. I THINK that he will just sit out until his kids are done with their school, and then he will return to coach somewhere. I am pretty sure he would still be in his early fifties.

agreed, i think this will be one of those michael jordan/sugar ray leonard retirements, he'll be back.

on a related note, espn had jim fassell (????) on tv talking about cowher and his retirement. alas, his commentary was far too conservative so he was abruptly fired and his segment was taken over by brian billick (bad joke i know).

Kind of sad to see The Chin go. He was a worthy adversary and beating him made beating the Steelers sweeter.

I have a feeling Grimm will get the job, and Whisenhunt will go to Atlanta or Miami.

The man was a super coach, and deserves all his accolades.
    That being said, Don't let the door hit you on the chin on the way out Bill. Good riddance!

Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

8. Re: Cowher to announce retirement

It's gonna be weird looking over at the Steeler sideline next year and not seeing Cowher.
    Pittsburgh's all rusty, Cincinnati's a jungle, and Cleveland's gone to the dogs.