Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: C-MAC season done..!!! IR for rest of 08.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    The odds are stacked against us getting him. When was the last time a valued free agent went up for grabs and the Baltimore Ravens landed him?
    We never go up for valued free-agents still in there prime... We build off lower priced vets (Mason, Pryce, Bannan, McNair, Rolle) and draft in places that should be filled by younger talent (Flacco, J. Brown, and Ngata)

My question is with C-Mac done who will replace him????

HOPEFULLY NOT COREY IVY???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Hall has not signed the deal yet. if that is all it takes, Oz should up the anti a little at least. IRing Mac should free up enough to give Hall more than half a mil the Skins are paying. He also has a better chance of playing well here and starting. Rodgers and Springs seem a little more solid starters than Washington or Walker, and even though we have about the same remaining schedule, the Ravens have the better defense and most likley better chance to win the division and make a playoff run.
    I agree with your point but, IR'ing a player doesn't free up cap space... It only frees up a roster space..

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    I agree with your point but, IR'ing a player doesn't free up cap space... It only frees up a roster space..
    Well not now, but next season, 20 mill. Thank for everything C-Mac!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Those free agents tend to be the right player but the wrong price. High dollar free agents are as risky as top draft picks. When the Ravens keep high dollar players, they at least already know how they fit and all the strength, weakness and injury issues.
    I know this all too well...Remember Leon Searcy? :grbac: :grbac:
    Last edited by RAVENOUS52; 11-07-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Interesting from PFT:

"McAlister likely is finished in Baltimore, unless he accepts a steep pay cut. "

I know the source, but they seem to think he's done here.

This is why I was hoping we'd sign Hall. But maybe with more reps we find out Fabian Washington was the right pickup? Because it seems to me he's now the #2 CB on the team right?

Keeping my fingers crossed.

I think we have seen the last of C-Mac as a Raven

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Well played. But I meant Big names STILL IN THEIR PRIMES...:D
    Come on.......

STEVE MCNAIR!!:

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve View Post
    I think we have seen the last of C-Mac as a Raven

yea,it seems that way to me as well.if this is in fact true i think its a big loss for the Baltimore Ravens.i am not sure what the truth is behind doors with him and harbs.IMHO,i think C-mac is still one of the better shut down corners in the league.If he is a locker room distraction then i agree he must go but if this is the case then i think it hurts our secondary a great amount.

I also feel that McAlister has played his last game for the Ravens. A shame too, because he was one of the more reliable position players we've had. Too bad one of my last memories of him as a Raven was being burned by Marvin Harrison in the Indy game. Of course, I also remember a few bone-headed hot temper penalties on him as well. But then, many other players on this team have had meltdowns which cost us dearly.

The jury's still out on Fabian Washington, I'm afraid. I don't think he'll ever come close to being a shutdown corner like McAlister though.

Another issue to be concerned about come the off-season is Rolle. How much longer he'll be effective is cause for concern, especially now that it appears he's our #1 CB.

Anybody got a list of free agent CBs at the end of this season?

Samari is questionable about playing tomorrow, but most likely he will be. I like Rolle, but two things come into factor.... 1.) he's not the Pro-Bowl CB he was in his Tennessee days (though he is still one of the best CB's in the League still 2.) he just had neck surgery and was out for 6 weeks. So Samari being our #1 CB is a little shaky. If he were 100% healthy, I would have complete trust in him. But it's possible that one more injury, and even he will be placed on the IR. He's not exactly a far cry from being done for the season himself.

So with Rolle starting tomorrow, does anybody know who will start opposite of him? Fabian or Walker? Anybody know?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)