Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comeback Player of the Year?

Chad Pennington? I mean come on.

17 TD's 16 Int's, impressive

How about Drew Brees?

How about Trevor Pryce, not even one vote? He is having probably his best season in years.

I think Brees deserves it more, but it does irritate me that Pryce was not even a canidate.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2719493

Re: Comeback Player of the Year?

can you point me in the right direction.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

OK, so the icon is close to jumping the shark on this board. Does everything have to contain a link? It's obvious from the title and his take what it is about.

Does Brees really count as a comeback player? He had a great year last year and there was no doubt he was good. Comeback player seems to be a title for someone who people cast off as being finished and ends up having a terrific season. Pennington seems to qualify.

Does Brees really count as a comeback player? He had a great year last year and there was no doubt he was good. Comeback player seems to be a title for someone who people cast off as being finished and ends up having a terrific season. Pennington seems to qualify.
    Brees, like Pennington, had a serious shoulder injury last season. He has pretty much been one of the best QB's statisticly in the league this season. Its an opinion.

How about Trevor Pryce not even being in the voting? An aging veteran player who some thought would be a downgrade at DE, putting up 13 sacks.

Usually you have to come back from something other then being old to win an award like this.

Brees should have won. He was cast off and not signed in Miami because they thought his shoulder was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap86 View Post
    How about Trevor Pryce not even being in the voting? An aging veteran player who some thought would be a downgrade at DE, putting up 13 sacks.
    Could have something to do with Pryce not playing at a "glamour" position.

I think Trevor Price deserves consideration. After a so-so year in Denver, he signs here and rejuvenates his career to become a star player. He was much deserving of a Pro Bowl spot as well.

Again, our city and team is always and will forever be overlooked.

The award is actually a "gimme" award from what Aaron Wilson was saying earlier this week. Some of the writers vote for players that were hurt and came back to a great season. Others vote on players that were castoffs from one team that moved to a new team and had a great year.

As for defensive player of the year (yeah I know a different thread) it should go to AD and not Meriman nor Taylor.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Hey...how about Shawne Merriman? After all, he came back from a wicked 4 week suspension for steroid-use violation -- and he worked himself right into Pro Bowl shape. Shouldn't he get what he really deserves?

;)

GO RAVENS!!! (41-0 when +2 in turnovers)

Pennington has had his shoulder rebuilt twice and was told he'd be cut if he didn't take an enormous pay cut.

Add to that the Jets traded for Ramsey and drafted a Clemmons in the 2nd round.

He came in having to fight tooth and nail to even get the job.

Then he leads a Jet team that was picked to finish last by a long shot in the AFC East to the playoffs.

And people think Pryce was should've been considered?:insane:

Brees could've been considered being that he was shit on by SD and then overlooked by Miami.

But this was a no brainer IMO.

PP

Jeff Garcia, who was dumped, sat on the bench, and led his team (Iggles) to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    OK, so the icon is close to jumping the shark on this board. Does everything have to contain a link? It's obvious from the title and his take what it is about.

I am far from a link Nazi, and this is the first time I have ever used the icon, but there was a lack of info in the post. The original post did not state who got votes and how many, just that Pennington won and Price got zero.

As far as the link icon, I thought my comment was polite. I eventually found a better article on the award which listed all of the players who received votes and how many. If someone posts that they 'heard something on the radio or TV' I would never ask for a link like some other posters do. But for something like this it appeared the knowledge came from a written source.
    Section 106 from start to finish!