Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Comeback Player of the Year?

My vote would also go to Jeff Garcia. The guy was basically out of football. Nobody wanted this guy to start on their team.

When Reid took him it looked like a huge mistake. He has since gone on to win like 6 out of 7 or something like that.

He was not hurt, but he was out of football for the most part.

Now he could be a hot FA after this season. An old FA, but hot.

HottBirdz...

A lot of Browns fans think it shoulda been Kellen Winslow...

Why, I don't know...it's not like he "came back" from anything...you had to be somewhere first...

If anyone on our d was going to get a vote, I suppose it would have been Ray.

Pennington, however, was a no brainer...

Blog Entries

Props should go to Trevor Pryce for getting a vote in the DPOY. He tied with Ray Lewis, with 1 vote. I am more upset that Ray Lewis only got one vote, while Shawne Merriman and his steroids got 6 votes, but it's nice to see Pryce getting a mention like that.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

It would be good for the NFL to have a rule that anyone caught doing steriods shouldn't be eligible for any awards that season. Merriman may have served his suspension but he reaped the benefits of cheating before getting caught and probably after.

Trevor Pryces year warrants atleast some consideration for comeback player.
    Certainly if the NFL knew he was going to have this type of season he would have atrracted many more suitors.

Props, RustonFifle.

GO RAVENS!!! (41-0 when +2 in turnovers)

[Trevor Pryces year warrants atleast some consideration for comeback player.
    Certainly if the NFL knew he was going to have this type of season he would have atrracted many more suitors

That's why I'm glad we have people like Mr. Newsome running this popsicle stand.

Brees played the entire season last yr, how do you figure he should even be mentioned for comeback player of the year? the award goes to a player who missed most if not all of the previous season...hence Pennington.....and led his team to the playoffs......
    Last edited by AA-Raven; 01-06-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

Brees got hurt in the last game of the regular season. People also thought his shoulder was dead.

Just cause the injury happened late instead of early shouldn't hurt him.