Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Art and the HOF

Lightbulb Art and the HOF

Can we as Ravens fans use this spotlight we are going to have with the playoffs and make a push for Art to finally get into the HOF. I think we need to call radio stations both locally and nationally as well as make signs the day of the game. In my opinion he is the Godfather of Ravens football. How the NFL not have him in. I take offense to that....do you?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: Art and the HOF

"Art?"...oh, you mean Art Modell.
    I heard that every time the relevant people meet the reporter(s) from Cleveland makes an impassioned speach to bury Modell, etc, and his fellow journalists (or whoever decides these tings) go with it. I think it's kind of a class-warfare thing; screw the rich guy to show your support for the working fans of the Heartland Midwest. (imagine if he'd moved the team to LA...)
    this never came up with Irsay cuz no one wanted him in the HOF.

(You let those dogs back in right this minute young lady!)

I still think we need to use this time for a push...despite what the Stains say...he deserves to be in!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

All I can say is that anyone who does NOT want Art in the HOF does NOT truly understand the NFL or appreciate the history of football, or what it is today.
    SS

As long as bitter Clevelanders exist, Art will not be in the HOF, IMO.

Every time Art's name has been up, Tony Grossi from The Cleveland Plain Dealer gets up in front of the other voters & makes an impassioned speech that Art should not be allowed in the HOF because of what "he did to Cleveland". Maybe we need to have Dan Moron go tell him & the rest of the idiots in Loserland "To Get Over it" & The Scarcrow to say that "1/2 those people are dead" & vote Art in. I don't know why they let Grossi make the speech for Art, I guess because he spent 34 years there as the owner. I don't know about calling radio shows, maybe organize a huge letter writing campaign to the NFL to at least give the guy a fair shot & stop having this idiot Grossi speak to his nomination. My feeling is that he will get in, but not while he is alive.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

My point exactly Sephy. "bitter clevelanders" have no idea of the importance of the very sport they claim to love. It shows in their fans actions and in the performance of the team that represents their town. True Cleveland football fans would hold their team to a higher standard (such as Art's) and demand no less from their ownership. Instead they simply accept mediocrity and shun and blame a man who gave them exactly what HE wanted for the town, their history, their colors, their name, AND a new stadium that they would NOT give him. It is easier for these idiots to BLAME Art than to thank him and blame the actual perpetrator of their low standards, THE MAYOR.

TRUE Cleveland Browns fans would fight to the death to MAKE SURE that Art IS in the HOF.
    SS

I don't know about calling radio shows, maybe organize a huge letter writing campaign to the NFL to at least give the guy a fair shot & stop having this idiot Grossi speak to his nomination.
    You can't blame Grossi. He's only being the mouthpiece of his constituents. He's said so.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    You can't blame Grossi. He's only being the mouthpiece of his constituents. He's said so.
    The guy hasn't been elected to an office or anything, sheesh.

10. Re: Art and the HOF

I like your idea....what better game to have a ton of signs saying "put art in the HOF"...then the game against the COLTS! Get nestor to make those signs like he did for "dump trumpy" and hand them all out outside the stadium.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I think they had said during the Art tribute on 1300 that 50% of the owners in the Pro Football HOF moved teams. AL Davis is in the HOF, It shouldn't be an issue.

Few if any can match Mr Modells contributions to the NFL as an owner.

The Pro Football HOF isn't complete unless they honor all the games greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineman View Post
    My point exactly Sephy. "bitter clevelanders" have no idea of the importance of the very sport they claim to love. It shows in their fans actions and in the performance of the team that represents their town. True Cleveland football fans would hold their team to a higher standard (such as Art's) and demand no less from their ownership. Instead they simply accept mediocrity and shun and blame a man who gave them exactly what HE wanted for the town, their history, their colors, their name, AND a new stadium that they would NOT give him. It is easier for these idiots to BLAME Art than to thank him and blame the actual perpetrator of their low standards, THE MAYOR.

TRUE Cleveland Browns fans would fight to the death to MAKE SURE that Art IS in the HOF.

I said this in the thread about the Dan Moron telling us to "get over it". I find it funny how that city claims to be great football fans yet I remember the Browns having tons of losing seasons and their fan base not being there. They are a virus like the Steelers fans that are in love with their team but always want to deny the bad things like losing seasons or bad coaching. The Browns since being back in the league have a losing record with their only winning season being 2002 with a 9-7 record. Overall they are 40-81 and they all think if Art hadn't moved the team they'd have a winning record and be one of the top teams in the NFL. Basically they are jelous of Art Modell and the sucess of this franchise in 11 years; something they have never had.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08