Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Inside The NFL Says To Old Colts Fans, "Get over It!"

Quote Originally Posted by papjohn View Post
    Should we get over September, 2001?

How about December 7, 1941?

To people who followed the game, their team back in those days, football, the Colts were as near and dear to their hearts as Christmas is to many. It was not just a team, it was a ritual carried out between father & son, brothers, sisters, cousins, friends. Back then, family meant more to people than it does today. The Colts were a part of your family if you followed them and waking up the next morning finding out your family member just slithered away like a snake is akin to waking up finding a note that your wife just left you for the neighbor you've been at war for over 20 years.

Get over it? Over my dead body.

Wow! Comparing two major tragedies in American history where lives were lost to a city losing a football team. :insane:
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

First of all I don't have to get over shit. These so called experts don't know what hell Baltimore went through when the Colts left in the middle of the night. I know I was the only fan to stay out at the Colts complex all night it hurt and hurt bad. Oh and the old Colts fans aren't dead like they said. They took our team and colors not one person in the NFL did anything. At least the Browns got their football and colors back in a couple of years not 12 years. Many of our kids grew up not having a football team to root for during that time period. I want the Colts and I want to kick the shit out of them and I don't want those so called experts to say how Baltimore should feel. I'm glad we have a team and I love my Ravens.

GO RAVENS

I have nothing against the current Indy players/coaches etc. For the longest time I only despised Robert Irsay; Jimmy was just a kid.
    but when the current team relocated he was asked to return the logo etc and he refused based on 'family tradition'. Baltimore-Colts was a regional tradition from the 50s, and he feels his few years with daddy's team trumps that?
    I hope Peyton wins a Super Bowl after he's traded (or comes here as a free agent). and I hope the Jimmy Irsay NEVER goes to a Super Bowl (unless he has to buy his little self a ticket).

good post sports steve, well said. i find it amusing that all the national media tell baltimore to get over it but its ok for cleveland to have art modell death watches? how about telling them to "get over it"?

He has absolutely no idea what he's saying most of the time. During the segment where Collinsworth asks Marino and Carter questions, Marino doesn't even listen to the question. And if he does, it doesn't compute in his head because he never answers the question he's posed.
    I agree, PP. Did you see the one a couple of weeks ago when Collinsworth asked him a question that hadn't been scripted/pre-rehearsed and Marino said "that's not one of the questions!" before looking befuddled and failing to comprehend what to do next? I think he actually shrugged a 'WTF?' sign to his agent standing off stage. What a douche.

Hey Holden McGroin - are you in any way related to Pat McGroin? For your sake I hope not, but it's not often you see two McGroin's in one place.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Holden is Pat's son whom you have tailgated with and even tossed a football with.

Scratchin' is the next McGroin who may sign up, followed by Jack.

The opinion of someone who is not from Baltimore and lived through the team leaving and the following years of not having it is worthless. What the f does Dan Marino know about what the people of Baltimore went through? These guys are (barely) trained monkeys who can all kiss my ass. My hate for the Indianapolis Football Team, the dirtbag family who owns them, and Paul Tagliabue will continue until the day I die. There is no way I will ever feel different.

Curious, I wonder how Marino would feel if Wayne moved the Dolphins to Salt Lake City in the middle of the night after promising he wasn't going anywhere, called them the Salt Lake City Dolphins and then in 20 years the NFL was pimping a DVD about the history of the Salt Lake City Dolphins touting their undefeated season, their Hall of Fame coach Don Shula, and their Hall of Fame QB Dab Marino. He probably wouldn't be so condescending.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

You can say that again, Mr OC.

GO RAVENS!!! (41-0 when +2 in turnovers)

It was not Inside the NFL that said it, was that MENTAL MIDGET NON SUPERBOWL WINNING QB, Marino
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

maybe Dan should watch the movie "Diner" to understand what the Colts were to baltimore!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Holden is Pat's son whom you have tailgated with and even tossed a football with.

Scratchin' is the next McGroin who may sign up, followed by Jack.
    What about their cousins Pick & Lick?
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!