What the national press fails to recognize

I sit around most mornings with NFL Network in the background...read internet sites...ie, NFL.com, espn, cbssportsline etc. and I am not hearing much about the Ravens. It seemed that yesterday some Ravens stuff starting coming out but mostly very little. I think a strong argument can be made that the Ravens are the second best team right now. But the stories are how great L.T. is...how magical the Saints are (that is a great story by the way), how the Eagles will surprise, how Tom Brady is so clutch in the big game and how Indy sucks (hurrah).

What the press fails to recognize about the Ravens that I think separates them from the others is their ability to match and outdo the intensity of another team when it is necessary and exert their will. There is no statistic or measurement for intensity. The games where i think we showed this were

1.) Tampa Bay - 1st game of the season is always intense (road)
    2.) Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh - no need to say anything else here (road)
    3.) Kansas City - not having lost at home in the past 4 centuries (road)
    4.) New Orleans - Loud and proud (road)
    5.) Cincinnati - Both games

We won 6 of 7 and 5 of them convincingly. We lost one and maybe it was about the quirky Thursday night schedule or not but even in being rather dominated in that game we were only a break or two away from winning. The point is the Ravens rise to the intensity of the big game and not only win but dominate. Isn't this what the post season is all about? Quite like 2000? Instead the press wants to talk about stats...personalities...stuff that feels good. C'mon man...the Ravens are not pretty...and don't present many a heartwarming story but damn! They have shown the ability to exert their will in a game that demands intensity. That might be the unknown and unmeasurable quantity that propels not always the statistically best team to win the Lombardi.

Re: What the national press fails to recognize

I hope the media continues to fail to recognize us. We thrive in those situations.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I think it has been stated before that "sex sells" and we are just not sexy. There are very few people outside of Baltimore that like the Ravens, therefore they dont get much hype. While I do prefer it this way, it still is a little frustrating when you turn on any national media outlet and they fail to recognize the Ravens. i often find myself just shaking my head when listen to the "talking heads". It doesnt matter either way. The games have to be played not matter what, so if we are the last team standing, then we shall be noticed.

Weren't we underdogs in every one of our playoff games in 2000????

I don't need reassurance of my belief that this team has what it takes to go all the way. I have eyes, I see what they do to teams when they bring their "A" game.

I hear all of the excuses from the other teams, grumbling because "we got conservative" or "we didn't play our game". Yeah, right. Whatever. Maybe the Ravens imposing their will had something to do with it.

The Dan Marinos and Steve Youngs and Randy Crosses and Chris Bermans can sit there and pimp the Colts and Chargers. At the end of the day, I think the Ravens will take care of them, and then we can enjoy the mea culpas.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

"Weren't we underdogs in every one of our playoff games in 2000????"

If I'm not mistaken, I believe we were underdogs to Denver, Tennessee, and Oakland, but were actually 3 point favorites against the Giants.

6. Re: What the national press fails to recognize

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    "Weren't we underdogs in every one of our playoff games in 2000????"

If I'm not mistaken, I believe we were underdogs to Denver, Tennessee, and Oakland, but were actually 3 point favorites against the Giants.
    and you know if we get Indy, we are going to be the underdogs also

The media won't give us press because, much like the 2000 campaign, we don't have a flashy offense.

Hey, I'm 39 & was 16 when the Baltimore Colts were stolen. I was raised a Baltimore Colts fan & started watching the games with my Dad when I was a toddler. It's something that I will never let go of, especially considering that Baltimore's history & legacy in regards to the NFL has been hijacked by a 2 bit city & a league that forgets where it became something that mattered. I am a Baltimore Raven fan now & have been since 96. We will get our revenge when we kick Indy's & everyone else's asses this playoff season, all the way thru Miami & hoist the Lombardi. As the Ravens new saying goes, "It's Time To Hunt!" & we are hunting down the rest of the NFL. Bring them all on.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!