Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The unraveling of Sarah Palin

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I personally think Palin was a major reason John McCain lost. Other than the fact that I'd like to nail her, she brought nothing to the table to swing moderate, undecideds (on both sides) McCain's way. She was a political nobody that, once the initial euphoria wore off and she opened her mouth, pretty much sealed the deal for McCain. He received so many votes because people didn't want to see Obama as President of the United States, not because Palin was on the ticket.

I feel McCain should have chosen Huckabee or Romney (or if we're gonna go for a governor-like person, why not Michael Steele?) as his running mate. They were established men with a track record to link to. Palin only energized the Republican base. I, for one, hope that the Republican party can regroup and get someone who is right of center to run in 2012. If she is who the Republican party is grooming for a 2012 run, then they'll just end up losing bigtime! Of course, if Obama falls flat on his face like I think he'll do, then we may just need a competent person running on the Repub ticket. In case you couldn't tell, I am Republican....;)
    Agree with you on this one, 4G. The republican party now finds itself attempting to define, or redefine the party, and if it trends toward her politics, it will soon be defunct! Her politics are NOT indicative of what Americans, even the conservatives, on the whole, want. AND, the party definitely needs intellectual influx.... and her sheer lack of any semblance of intellectual prowess will drive away ANY such infusion!
    I also think the repubs should realize that going in the direction of a Huckabee, for instance, would be nearly as destructive! There are no longer enough " evangelicals" to form a majority, or at least enough that think religion should be a part of the political process to pull that off!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    The hoax on Palin also shows Galen and this thread were duped.
    what part of this do you not undertsand Trap?

"The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the Palin story -- not the story itself. While Palin has denied she'd mistaken Africa for a country, the accuracy of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony."

The story was not a hoax.

In reality, and I know that is something that is fleeting for you, the mccain campaign "duped" republican voters with the idea that Palin was a viable candidate and continue to try to make her look viable when most see right through those attempts.

Wasn't there a Goldie Hawn movie years ago where she ended up running for President somehow? It was a spoof movie...this Palin debacle is the same thing except it is real life with real consequences.

But it doesnt matter now if the story is retracted or not. Their damage is done because a lot of people like you believe it.

I really don't think this story alone lead the free thinkers of this nation to the notion that Sarah Palin is a moron. That was well-confirmed in the previous interviews. This story is really just a funny sidebar to the tragic yet triumphant dismantling of the "permanent republican majority" and the idea of a "center-right" country.

What is more anthropologically interesting to me is how long the social conservative faction of the republican party will continue to try to convince the rest of us that a republican party lead by Sarah Palin can win in 2012.

I can respect fiscal conservatives, the idea of smaller governments and sensible regulations but the idea that God will lead her in the right direction? Save it, Sarah.

The story was a fake and MSNBC is a joke http://http://weblogs.baltimoresun.c...s_of_part.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PD101 View Post
    The story was a fake and MSNBC is a joke http://http://weblogs.baltimoresun.c...s_of_part.html
    Link is bad....

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/ente..._tour_par.html
    Last edited by 4G63; 11-14-2008 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    MSNBC did not report the story first. Fox News did. The only thing MSNBC did was report inncorrectly that this Eisenstadt guy was the source. That part was a hoax - the part where Eisenstadt made the claim that it was he that reported it first to Fox. Apparently he wasn't the source for Fox but was using this time to gain some attention. The true source that reported it first to Fox is staying quiet. Let that mean what you want it to mean but to say that the story originally reported by Fox was a hoax is wrong.

There has been nothing printed that the story itself was a hoax as was clear int he link given:

David Shuster, an anchor for the cable news network, said on air Monday that Martin Eisenstadt, a McCain policy adviser, had come forth and identified himself as the source of a Fox News Channel story saying Palin had mistakenly believed Africa was a country instead of a continent. Eisenstadt identifies himself on a blog as a senior fellow at the Harding Institute for Freedom and Democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by PD101 View Post
    Actually if you want to be correct, you would say that Fox would be the joke since it was Fox that ran the exclusive on the story first.

The story was a fake just like many other that have been planted by the same person (if you read the whole article). Meanwhile MSN (Mickey Mouse news ) has ruined NBC reputation in the news world.

I'll say it again. We need brilliant people with a large dose of common sense to be in offices such as she aspires to. Sorry, that leaves her out! I need to be impressed by a candidate to vote for them. Uh..... not even close!

So it doesn't take common sense to balance the budget as guv and expunge some crooks in her own party?

If she were a DEM, nobody would even have said all of this.

As much as I like her, I hope she doesn't run for Prez because if the media crucified her as a VP, just think what they'll do her as Prez. An easier campaign for OBY.
    I totally agree, how much did they say about the drunk Biden? Hardly anything. Like McCain said, he is supposed to be the foreign policy expert and he was opposed to the first gulf war?!?! Who was opposed to that? I met plenty of Obama voters who didn't even know his first name much less anything relevant about him. Yet you mention Palin and the media spent countless hours dragging her name through the mud so everyone knows all about her.

So it doesn't take common sense to balance the budget as guv and expunge some crooks in her own party?

If she were a DEM, nobody would even have said all of this.

As much as I like her, I hope she doesn't run for Prez because if the media crucified her as a VP, just think what they'll do her as Prez. An easier campaign for OBY.

With all that said, she's just not electable - even if there's a serious depression.

Speaking of campaigns, did anyone see where McCain and OBY have pleadged to work together?

Man, I hope not. Not with Mac back in Congress with all those other liberals - too many as is.

LOL.
    Read my post.. we need BRILLIANT people WITH a large dose of common sense... not one or the other!
    AND she crucified herself by being uninformed, and incapable of handling even the simplest of
    questions.