Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The unraveling of Sarah Palin

The day she was selected for VP, I wrote about this being a hail mary for Mccain. Obviously the pass wasn't caught and the winning touchdown not caught.

It will be interesting over the next couple of days and weeks to see the bits of truth come out about her. Personally I think she is a cancer to american politics and have little mercey for her. Her stoking the fires of racism and hatred during her rallies were a serious low point in this campaign and really made McCain look worse than he needed to.

She is now being called out for her absolute ignorance and lack of understanding about even the simpliest of things.

Of all networks, Fox is reporting hte following:

1. She had to be informed what countries are part of NAFTA.

2. Prior to her debate she had to be told numerous times that Africa is a continent NOT a country.

3. She refused coaching prior to the Couric interview.

I keep hearing that McCain only lost because of he economy and Palin actually helped him more than hurt. The truth is Mccain began to slide in the polls four days prior to Lehman Brothers flopping and his comments about the economy being fundamentally strong. The Couric interview was four days before the statement by McCain. When the US realized how dumb she was, independents started peeling of...McCain's lack of understanding about the economy further peeled moderates and cemented the republican ticket as too risky.

I think republicans seriously have to look at those members of the party that think she is 2012 material. Truly I am annoyed that conservatives like hannity, rush and the party in general thought we were too stupid to see through this modern day Pygmalion. These folks should lose all credibility until they come out and own up to their unpatriotic behaviors.

I look forward to more honest material on this right wing scam attempt.

Here is the fox report:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

Re: The unraveling of Sarah Palin

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Um, as usual Galen, you don't post all the facts.

Fox also said these are rumors coming out of McCain's camp.

There seems to have been some in-fighting amongst McCains aids who wanted Leiberman to begin with. And to begin with, McCain didnt even tell his top aid he had decided on Palin.

The fact is, she did receive coaching but wasn't properly briefed for the Couric interview which might have been a set up.

Mac even fired her debate coach for leaking rumors to the press.

O'Reilly said she called him asking for an interview and he said anytime anywhere. She said shell get back to him. She never did because McCains aids called him and said they didnt want her on. He would have been much fairer than Couric with no "gotcha questions." And I wonder if Couric knew the answer w/o some aid telling her in advance.

There were also rumors let out by McCains aids that she had temper tantrums over the way she was being handled. Seems like the entire organization was in disarray.

McCain finally distanced himself from her when she didn't want to pull out of Michigan. She wanted to fight. Mac didn't. If that's true she has more balls than him. Mac couldn't even handle his own house.

These are all rumors, which Fox stated, thru leaks let out by disgruntled McCain aides who didn't like her from the beginning and were still whining as she boarded the plane for Alaska that shell be running in 2012.

She said, she's not sure yet.
    She thought Africa was a country...seriously. You want to defend that?

Did you hear the words coming out of her mouth or some disgruntled aid?

McCain fired her debate coach for leaking how bad she was being treated. The entire organization was in disarry which greatly contributed to the defeat but he still got nearly 57M votes.

Anything about her coming from Mac's camp is just whiny bogus stuff. You cant believe it unless she tells someone like Katie Couric that Africa is a country.
    her comments to katie couric were bad enough to make it entirely possible that she would think Africa was a country. i didn't know a conservative could actually question reporting from fox news? Isn't that as sacreligious as questioning the bible???

You're guessing but if you want to think that - fine. Just don't post it as fact.

The election is over. Everyone needs something to talk about including Fox.
    here is a quote from newsweek:

"McCain advisors showed up at Palin's hotel room to meet with her and Todd during the RNC and she entered the room in nothing but two towels (one wrapped around her wet hair)."

more "lipstick confessions" to come for sure as both candidates throw each other under the bus.

Did you hear the words coming out of her mouth or some disgruntled aid?

McCain fired her debate coach for leaking how bad she was being treated. The entire organization was in disarry which greatly contributed to the defeat but he still got nearly 57M votes.

Anything about her coming from Mac's camp is just whiny bogus stuff. You cant believe it unless she tells someone like Katie Couric that Africa is a country.
    I love how supportive you are of your candidate and the people he hired to run his campaign! Doesn't that show you SOMETHING????
    Bunch of conservative, contentious jerks!! 's what it tells me!

Blog Entries

I personally think Palin was a major reason John McCain lost. Other than the fact that I'd like to nail her, she brought nothing to the table to swing moderate, undecideds (on both sides) McCain's way. She was a political nobody that, once the initial euphoria wore off and she opened her mouth, pretty much sealed the deal for McCain. He received so many votes because people didn't want to see Obama as President of the United States, not because Palin was on the ticket.

I feel McCain should have chosen Huckabee or Romney (or if we're gonna go for a governor-like person, why not Michael Steele?) as his running mate. They were established men with a track record to link to. Palin only energized the Republican base. I, for one, hope that the Republican party can regroup and get someone who is right of center to run in 2012. If she is who the Republican party is grooming for a 2012 run, then they'll just end up losing bigtime! Of course, if Obama falls flat on his face like I think he'll do, then we may just need a competent person running on the Repub ticket. In case you couldn't tell, I am Republican....;)

Picking Palin was a huge mistake. McCain did it to appease the far right of the party and help cement the female vote because of how the media portrayed the Hilary/Gobama affair. Like fearmongers Hannity and Rush. He already had that vote locked up and didn't need anyone to secure the far right. McCain would have been better served if he chose a moderate as VP to help with independents and undecideds. It may have won him the election or atleast made it closer. I consider myself independent and was going to vote McCain until I watched the first debate and realized his policies were going to wreak havoc on my family and friends just like bush's have. I don't think I'll ever vote republican again, given that they use fear mongering as a tool to garner middle class and poor white vote so they can secure office which means more welfare for the wealthiest businesses in the country and breaks for the people that least need it.

The Flyer fans booing Palin is classic although Flyer great Brian Propp was with her.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 11-07-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    I don't think I'll ever vote republican again, given that they use fear mongering as a tool.
    And Democrats don't? The Patriot Act was supposed to end the world as we knew it. The war in Iraq was supposed to be a quagmire. The expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban was going to lead to mass chaos in the streets.

Get real, both sides do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    She thought Africa was a country...seriously. You want to defend that?
    Obama thought there was 57 states, which was worse?

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...n-story-duped/

Palin story was a hoax....go figure.

Saved himself a bunch of embarrassment? What an asshole. I never thought of Palin as a viable VP candidate, but this started an unfair drubbing and defamatory landslide of criticism toward her.

Nice apology in that article to Governor Palin. What? Oh yeah... there was none.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...n-story-duped/

Palin story was a hoax....go figure.
    Actually the story is not a hoax...what was a hoax was a guy (Eisenstadt) claiming to be the one who leaked the true story:

"The hoax was limited to the identity of the source in the Palin story -- not the story itself. While Palin has denied she'd mistaken Africa for a country, the accuracy of that report was not put in question by the revelation that Eisenstadt is a phony."

New out today is a rumor that there might be a video of the actual gaffe since they record debate preps for later viewing. Maybe that would be the final blow to this american political tragedy although the extreme right would probabaly find it even easier to relate to her becasue there would be no more disputing the fact that she is just plain stooopid.