Landry Misses Out On DROY Award

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Ryans had a good season, but Landry is a big reason why we are headed for the postseason. That alone should have given Landry the award over Ryans.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Landry Misses Out On DROY Award

Landry rightfully missed out, he was amongst a group that also included AJ Hawk that all had good seasons but Ryans was fantastic down in Houston and thoroughly deserved the award, not the most athletically gifted mike LB in the NFL but he was still all over the field for the Texans and rightfully earned this award.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Landry rightfully missed out, he was amongst a group that also included AJ Hawk that all had good seasons but Ryans was fantastic down in Houston and thoroughly deserved the award, not the most athletically gifted mike LB in the NFL but he was still all over the field for the Texans and rightfully earned this award.
    But how do you justify not giving thia award to a rookie that is a major reason why we are in the postseason, and a major reason why we are the top rated defense in football? Yes, Ryans had a great season, but he did not help his team to the postseason.

That alone should have given the award to Dawan Landry. Landry is not just an upgrade over Demps, he gives us the devastating safety to play next to Reed that we have desired for years.

Dawan Ladry should have been the DROY. I think this is more bias perpetrated by the media. As you can tell, I am warm about this.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

It's an individual award for individual performance, Ryans individual performance was better than Landry's individual performance, pretty simple equation as I see it.

Unlike the MVP award, I don't believe this is an award for a player's contribution to the team, it's based on individual performances. And really, as well as Landry has played (certainly upgraded the position), Ryans was an absolute beast. If his teammates were as good as him, I'd be afraid of the Texans D

Landry has had a great year. At least he received a vote. There are 100 other rookies (more?) who didn't get a vote.

I can't justify calling for Landry (or Ngata) over Ryans this year. The way the Ravens have been playing this year, you can pick almost any defender and talk about a great season. But the DRoY award went to the right player this year. If I were voting, I'd have Ngata in my top three, and Landry in my top ten.

As well as he played, I'm not even entirely convinced that Landry is the DROY on the Ravens. I'm glad to see the voters didn't fall for Anderson's sack totals and instead went with the worthy winner.

Didnt Ryans lead the league tackles? Not rookies, but the whole league. I love Landry but even with my purple tinted glasses I would vote for Ryans.

I am not dissapointed Landry didn't get the award. He was a beast this season for us. I don't think any of us saw what he could bring to the table. The scary thing is he will get better.

This is not a team worth award, it is what rookie had the best year stat wise. Much like the baseball MVP and the football offense/defense players of the year, they don't care about what your team did.

Were it a team worth award, I'd argue Ngata over anyone in the league.

Landry had a great year. So did a couple other rookies (including Ngata).

But Ryans was a beast. There's no way he doesn't deserve the award...you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

- C -