Thread: Indy banged up

Indy banged up

Interesting reading at the link cited by Purplerulz in another thread:
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Apparently six Colts including 4 starters hobbled by some sort of injury heading into this weekend's showdown with KC. Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Ricky Proehl are apparently all dinged.

Also I was amused by this tidbit:
    John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the Tennessee Titans were incensed that the New England Patriots allowed QB Vinny Testaverde to throw a touchdown pass to WR Troy Brown in the final two minutes of their Week 17 match-up. "I think they'd already won," Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth told The Tennessean. "To bring in a 50-year-old guy to throw a little pass, probably the last pass of his career or of his life, I don't know. Whatever."

Albert Haynesworth, what a whiner. You don't like it, defend it, if you can't defend it, suck it up and tip your hat to the old guy.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Re: Indy banged up

Sounds like a little kid whining. I think it was good to see ol' Vinny in there. i was very surprised that the "stone cold" Bellicheck let him do it but it was nice to see the fun and the celebration on the sidelines after the TD. Haynesworth was right when he said it was probably his last pass, so why not let him throw it. [I]m sure Vinny is very thankful for it. Dude needs to lighten up a little:

Are we surprised about anything Haynesworth (I've embarrased my last name) says? I think its great that Vinny was able to extend his own record. 20 consecutive years with a touchdown pass..................priceless!

Albert Haynesworth, what a whiner. You don't like it, defend it, if you can't defend it, suck it up and tip your hat to the old guy.
    Or, just stomp on his face.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Talking Re: Indy banged up

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

They aren't banged up yet. Wait until the Ravens Big D gets them.

They aren't banged up yet. Wait until the Ravens Big D gets them.
    I don't think our Ravens D will have a chance to get them. They have a very big chance of losing to Kansas City this weekend. Larry Johnson is going to run all over their smurf like defense.

I hope I am wrong, but I am not putting a lot of hope in KC beating the Colts this weekend.

I know Larry Johnson is a great, great runner, but I have seen one or two games where the Colts defense actually stopped an offense. Even a blind squirrel gets lucky.

KC's passing offense is suspect to me. Trent Green isn't as good as he used to be and Tony Gonzalez is their only decent receiver. They are also playing in that stupid dome, which favors Manning and his guys.

KC winning would be a miracle to me.

re: Vinnie's pass; wasn't it for Belichek that Doug Flutie drop-kicked the xp the other year?
    I'm sure KC's game plan (and the Ravens, if that match happens) will be to run it up the gut and try to control time of posession. the Squealers beat Indy last year wi multiple blitz packages; I'm sure KC will do the same. the strength of the Colts O is Peyton's quick read and release, and his mutliple receivers; hard to cover 3-4 every play. hobbled receivers would definitely help KC, which has a decent team.
    do we have a preference for OUR game???

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    I hope I am wrong, but I am not putting a lot of hope in KC beating the Colts this weekend.

I know Larry Johnson is a great, great runner, but I have seen one or two games where the Colts defense actually stopped an offense. Even a blind squirrel gets lucky.

KC's passing offense is suspect to me. Trent Green isn't as good as he used to be and Tony Gonzalez is their only decent receiver. They are also playing in that stupid dome, which favors Manning and his guys.

KC winning would be a miracle to me.

WOW you're truly a genius, you predicted LJ getting shut down, colts D getting lucky, and the Starting Wr's for KC had a toatl of ) catches.

So whats the outcome of the colts/Ravens game going to be?