Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Sell Playoff Tickets??

I just finished reading the article in today's Baltimore Sun about the obscene number of tickets available for sale online. Now I understand that people have every right to sell there tickets and to whoever with e-bay and ticketstub available but why? I mean if you have no way to get out of work or something like that please sell your tickets to other ravens fans and not potential visiting fans. Just want to see what people have to say about it.

Re: Why Sell Playoff Tickets??

I know a guy that has like 20 PSLs and uses 2 tickets for himself and sells the rest to make a few $$.

What I don't understand is people that have been going to the games all year that didn't buy their playoff tickets.

Wink Re: Why Sell Playoff Tickets??

Ravens games are more than merely entertainment to me -- they are an important ingredient to my life. I couldn't see selling my game tickets - period - unless I were really desperate for money. Before selling my Ravens tickets, I'd sell my old clothing, books, and pets (if I had any). However, I guess that if I were desperate, I'd want to try to maximize my return like these people are doing.

I doubt that all owners of the 900 tickets mentioned in the Sun article are desperate. Rather, I believe that most are just trying to make a quick buck.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

I'd sell my husband, kid and dogs before my playoff tickets
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Many of the tickets on the online sites are owned by brokers. And not every PSL is owned by die-hard fans like us. One of the games I went to this year (tix bought on Stubhub) were owned by an active-duty military guy who is currently stationed in Iraq (found out by talking to the folks next to us). I'd say that's a good reason to sell.

And I love having the tickets available on the Internet because it's a great and easy way for people like me (no PSL) to get tickets. I don't mind paying a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    That's what we like to hear!!!! You Go Ladyraven!!! I'm with you! There's something better to do? NOT!!!!!!

7. Re: Why Sell Playoff Tickets??

900 tickets isnt obscene...its barely 1% of all tickets available. I just checked and there are 338 auctions...during the regular season there about 200-250 for each game.....so not too many more. The media has to rwrite about something for the next 2 weeks. To me its no big deal...ive sold tickets to make money. Im not a millioniare..and ive sold playoff and regular season extras, to help pay my regular season invoice, sometimes in full, so I went for free the next year. I cant guarntee it was to a ravens fan, but all were maryland addresses. Opposing fans are going to get their tickets no matter who sells them. If someone offered me $5000 for my ticket for the playoffs id have a hard time not watching it at home...still a fan...butalso helping out my family with some extra $ too.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by losac View Post
    Many of the tickets on the online sites are owned by brokers.
    Exactly. I think you will find that many of those are from brokers. They will put them on eBay, Stubhub, etc., as well as their own sites.

Unfortunately, it's not really that surprising.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    Damn straight, and the funny thing is my husband,kids and dog know it!

If they want to sell the tickets so be it. Just please sell it to a Ravens fan who will help us. I don't want to see any visiting jerseys at a playoffs game.

900 tix on auctions? That's hardly worth mentioning.

Some could be from corporations (like the one my wife works for). They, for some unknown reason and/or skewed priorities, forgot/didn't buy the damn playoff tickets!!!

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!
    "Well, I'd rather live with the hound dogs, for the rest of my natural-born life." Swamp Music by Lynyrd Skynyrd

My brother, for some reason forgot to get his order in by the 13th. He remembered on the 14th & called the Ravens. They told him his tickets had been sent to be sold, but they put him on hold & the guy came back on the line & told him they pulled his back & he could buy them. He got lucky. The thing is I kept asking him before the $$ was due, did you send your $$ in. Mine was in on time.

As far as why some people didn't order & let them go up for sale, some people may not have been able to swing the extra $$ at Christmas time. Sad but possibly true.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!