Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    seriously, I would rather pay three times...



    more in taxes than have this wing-nut, ding bat representing me in office. I was pretty much over my need to criticize her but after being duped by a couple of radio hacks in Canada this has to be the final straw. Listen to Caribou Barbi talking to a a radio station in Canada thinking she is talking to Sarkozy:

    http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoi..._thinks_sh.php

    who is in charge here? Is anyone paying attention to her? How does a radio program prank call a v.p. candidate two days before a national election? And she would be ready to take over at the helm if someting happens to McCain???

    That combined with Mccain very odd performance on SNL last night is just too surreal for me.








  2. #2

    Re: seriously, I would rather pay three times...

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Of course you would rather pay.

    There was a guy on the radio who wont pay Obys tax hike.

    He owns a small software company in Florida and has about 100 employees and called them together for a meeting.

    He said I dont care what your political views are but if Obama wins, he will hurt you because all of you will lose your jobs. I'll shut this place down before some communist takes my wealth away and gives it to somebody else.

    I wont be able to afford to pay these taxes. Microsoft and Exxon and Bank of America will be but not the small businesses.

    You better tell your families and friends to vote vs him or you'll lose your jobs like many others in small businesses because the owners wont be able to pay the extra taxes.

    Americans fought a war and became the greatest country in the world over taxes.

    Its just a good thing you libs werent around at the time.

    There wouldnt be a country.
    How can you, and this person, be so poorly informed? I have a paving business that does 15 mil a year. You want to know when the last time this Co. made 250,000 thou? I can't remember,... but if I'm not mistaken the answer is NEVER!!!There are SOOO many ways to distribute the earnings(when there are any) that I would venture to say that 99% of small businesses NEVER make that much profit. The redistribute the wealth phrase that all the conservatives are slinging around is a complete misnomer. It simply was a phrase Barack used to describe what his tax breaks to the middle class, and stopping the tax breaks to the very rich would do to a very small extent. The Rushes and Hannity crowd is milking it for all it's worth, when in reality it will be a miniscule redistribution, at best. The wealthy will still be wealthy, and the middle class will be able to eat out once a month more!. This is a moot issue. It isn't the socialization of Amorica! Get real!!. What I find completely bewildering is, how are they convincing so many low to middle income people that they should be happy shouldering the load of taxes, and that they should WANT the rich to get richer while they, themselves are getting poorer? Mindboggling!!!!!!




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: seriously, I would rather pay three times...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    What I find completely bewildering is, how are they convincing so many low to middle income people that they should be happy shouldering the load of taxes, and that they should WANT the rich to get richer while they, themselves are getting poorer? Mindboggling!!!!!!
    1. low information voters.
    2. Only listen to conservative radio and t.v.
    3. Very little world experience.
    4. Faithful vs. empirical
    5. Fearful

    Trap is complaining about this absurd claim of socialism when in reality he will be better off with Obama. Progressive tax structure has been lauded by McCain as well as his hero T. Roosevelt...and no one is accusing Mccain of socialism. Palin even bragged about taking big profits from the Alaskan oil companies and "spreading" them around ot the people. I am proud of Obama for not even playing to their level by going tit for tat over such silly ideas.

    The five reasons I just listed make some people very susceptible to reframing common principles into something negative. It doesn't appear that it will work this time though.








  4. #4

    Re: seriously, I would rather pay three times...

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Of course you would rather pay.

    There was a guy on the radio who wont pay Obys tax hike.

    He owns a small software company in Florida and has about 100 employees and called them together for a meeting.

    He said I dont care what your political views are but if Obama wins, he will hurt you because all of you will lose your jobs. I'll shut this place down before some communist takes my wealth away and gives it to somebody else.

    I wont be able to afford to pay these taxes. Microsoft and Exxon and Bank of America will be but not the small businesses.

    You better tell your families and friends to vote vs him or you'll lose your jobs like many others in small businesses because the owners wont be able to pay the extra taxes.

    Americans fought a war and became the greatest country in the world over taxes.

    Its just a good thing you libs werent around at the time.

    There wouldnt be a country.
    You are so wrong. It was the liberals who started the revolution... I know, I know, they weren't yet called liberals and conservatives. But it was the conservative minded people who fought against the revolution, and the liberal, forward thinking who supported the revolution. That shows that your whole base of thinking and understanding is misguided!




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: seriously, I would rather pay three times...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    How can you, and this person, be so poorly informed? I have a paving business that does 15 mil a year. You want to know when the last time this Co. made 250,000 thou? I can't remember,... but if I'm not mistaken the answer is NEVER!!!There are SOOO many ways to distribute the earnings(when there are any) that I would venture to say that 99% of small businesses NEVER make that much profit. The redistribute the wealth phrase that all the conservatives are slinging around is a complete misnomer. It simply was a phrase Barack used to describe what his tax breaks to the middle class, and stopping the tax breaks to the very rich would do to a very small extent. The Rushes and Hannity crowd is milking it for all it's worth, when in reality it will be a miniscule redistribution, at best. The wealthy will still be wealthy, and the middle class will be able to eat out once a month more!. This is a moot issue. It isn't the socialization of Amorica! Get real!!.
    Oh really? As I put on the other thread, I'll put it here in case you missed it: (Read what the guy wrote with an "objective American" point of view, not a Democratic one, please)

    http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...UzM2Y4ZmNmYmI=

    Obama said it, plain as day, in an interview on radio. Enlighten me please, since I've got it wrong.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    What I find completely bewildering is, how are they convincing so many low to middle income people that they should be happy shouldering the load of taxes, and that they should WANT the rich to get richer while they, themselves are getting poorer? Mindboggling!!!!!!
    Who are "they"? You are FOR Obama, right? That comment doesn't make sense to me.....
    Last edited by 4G63; 11-07-2008 at 12:24 PM.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Parkville (like Bob)
    Posts
    1,549
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: seriously, I would rather pay three times...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    You are so wrong. It was the liberals who started the revolution... I know, I know, they weren't yet called liberals and conservatives. But it was the conservative minded people who fought against the revolution, and the liberal, forward thinking who supported the revolution. That shows that your whole base of thinking and understanding is misguided!
    This cracks me up. I kinda see what you are saying, but no one, and I mean NO ONE, who started the revolution and founded this country believed in hardly any shred of what makes up liberals in this generation (or most politicians for that matter). They believed in small government with limited interference first and foremost. They believed in states rights over a stronger federal government. They believed taxes were only necessary to fund necessities and not multi-million dollar projects like DNA testing of Bears in Oregon.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland