Salary Cap: Suggs hits $5M escalator

By John Clayton
    • Raven scores big: The biggest winner Sunday was Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs. Like his close friend Dwight Freeney, Suggs put a sack escalator clause in his contract that could earn him big dollars in the fifth year of his contract. With his sack of Buffalo's J.P. Losman in the final minute of the first half, Suggs hit a $5 million escalator clause in his 2007 contract. Suggs was scheduled to make only $545,000 in base salary in 2007. He gambled with the team that he could make 40 sacks in his first four years. Now that he has hit the escalator, the Ravens may elect to begin negotiations on a contract extension next year.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/lastca...t&lid=tab1pos1

PFT has a similar blurb.

That just made re-signing AD even tougher.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Salary Cap: Suggs hits $5M escalator

Ouch. Guess he liked the odds he was gambling with.

A problem I'm happy to have though, rather than the lad NOT performing up to expectations.

Honestly, I can't think of another team in the entire NFL with the success we've had at drafting bonafide STUDS in the first round.

Ravenous:

With the exception of a couple, Boller and Taylor (travis) I agree. We hit on first round picks and late round picks as well as UDFAR

> With his sack of Buffalo's J.P. Losman in the final minute of the first half

Meanwhile Ozzie was whispering to BB, "Rest Suggs for the playoffs. . . He looks tired. I think he's limping, and he has the flu."
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.