Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Donnie Henderson Fired As Lions DC

I picked this up over on the minor league scout board. I am looking for confirmation. Stay tuned, but you all know that he is my candidate to replace Rex if/when Rex leaves for a HC job.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Donnie Henderson Fired As Lions DC

I say even if Rex stays try to bring him back, because if Rex doesn't get a HC job this year, he probably will next year, & we'll be set up w/ Henderson having a year back in the fold.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I agree. Henderson is a guy that ought to be in the Ravens organization, even if they have to invent a job for him temporarily.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Hire him now!!!!

Damn this is too soon for us and it's quite frankly another awful decision from Matt Millen. Donnie knows defense but he wasn't allowed to implement the defense he knows, apparently he was being made to run the cover 2 which isn't his strong suit.

With the Rooney Rule about having to interview a minority candidate for HC and coordinator positions then I think Donnie's gonna be a very busy man over the next few weeks/month.

Reading the story at the Detriot Free Press, it says his dismissal was a mutual decision (Cavanaugh, Fassel?) & was related to the disagreement between Henderson & Marinelli. Henderson was not familiar with the Tampa 2 that Marinelli favors & brought with him from when he coached at Tampa as a Defensive Line Coach. Again, let's talk to Donnie now & get him signed before he winds up somewhere else & we are left looking hard if Rex goes this year or next.

Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

i am all for getting him. Rex will be in Arizona trying to fix the same problem his father tried to fix. i like Donnie Henderson coming back here. but i think he will be gone by the time we are able to make that decision.

I would hire Donnie Henderson as our "Offensive Coordinator." If Rex takes a job as HC, then we slide Donnie over to DC.

On a sidenote, upon listening to Rex on Drew's show this morning, it does not sound like Rex is that anxious to leave for a HC job. It does not sound as if he will take a HC job just to take one.

Rex made a comment that his father his revered for his time "as the Bears defensive coordinator, and not as a Head Coach." I thought that to be an interesting comment. Sounds as if Rex is perfectly satisfied in remaining our DC, and will only consider a HC job if the situation is perfect.

Boy, working for the Ravens organization must be awesome, because all of our personnel make those same kinds of comments. Even Eric Decosta was quoted as saying that he likes where he is, and won't just take any job as a GM. For all we know, Decosta could have been told that Ozzie may decide to retire and that he's next in line. (Just speculation. Nothing substantive there).

Basically, it is great to have a first class organization here in Baltimore like the Ravens.

If I were in Rex' shoes I would think long and hard before going to Oakland or Arizona. Too much family business in each, and both have front office/owner issues, too.

It would be tempting for me in his shoes, if the money's right and the positions open, to go to Miami or (shudder!!!!!) Pittsburgh. Blech.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    If I were in Rex' shoes I would think long and hard before going to Oakland or Arizona. Too much family business in each, and both have front office/owner issues, too.

It would be tempting for me in his shoes, if the money's right and the positions open, to go to Miami or (shudder!!!!!) Pittsburgh. Blech.
    Looks as if Pitt is hiring from within. It will be Whisenhut or Grimm. As for Saban, he is going to Alabama, but that would not be a good situation for Rex to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Looks as if Pitt is hiring from within. It will be Whisenhut or Grimm. As for Saban, he is going to Alabama, but that would not be a good situation for Rex to go to.
    I agree, Rex is in an envious position. He can pick or choose where he wants to go. I also agree he sounded like that on NST this morning. He just doesn't want to take a job to take it. Sometimes, the best move you can make is the one you don't make.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    Lord knows I want all that to be true.

After OAK & ARI, and the possibilities of PIT and MIA, what HC vacancies are likely?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.