With new CBA, there are now 4 RFA tenders

The new CBA has added a 4th tender amount to the old scheme that had the high (match or 1st and 3rd compensation), middle (match or 1st round compensation) and low (match and receive a pick equal to where the lost player was drafted) tenders. Now they have added a 4th tender that is a match or get a 2nd round pick.

For 2007, the tender amounts are:

1st and 3rd: $2.35M
    1st: $1.85M
    2nd: $1.3M
    low tender: $850K

http://www.nflpa.org/pdfs/Agents/CBA_Amended_2006.pdf

The Ravens RFAs are:

BJ Sams
    Brian Rimpf
    Devard Darling
    Clarence Moore
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: With new CBA, there are now 4 RFA tenders

I say go ahead and get rid of Darling and moore

Quote Originally Posted by Jggjaron View Post
    I say go ahead and get rid of Darling and moore
    Given how tight they appear to be against the cap, I could see one of them not being tendered. That $850K could go a long way toward re-signing a guy like Musa, Johnson or Mughelli.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Given how tight they appear to be against the cap, I could see one of them not being tendered. That $850K could go a long way toward re-signing a guy like Musa, Johnson or Mughelli.

What type of contract do you see Mughelli, Johnson, and Pashos commanding? I say a 4/8M deal with a 2M signing bonus for each of these guys. Mike Anderson type contracts for both.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    What type of contract do you see Mughelli, Johnson, and Pashos commanding? I say a 4/8M deal with a 2M signing bonus for each of these guys. Mike Anderson type contracts for both.
    IMO, Pashos will get a much larger contract. I haven't really looked at what else is available, but if it were to perhaps be a lean year for RTs, he could really (and I mean, really) cash in. It's often more about supply and demand than quality.

FBs don't generally get big deals, so Mughelli's deal won't be that large and I think we'll have a decent shot at re-signing him.

I think a lot of teams will look at the lack of success of guys like Dalton, Starks, Hartwell, Baxter, Kemo, etc, and not give Johnson much love.

I'd like to see all of these guys back, but we will not break the bank to keep them either. Ozzie has done a great job over the years in setting his price and sticking to it (except the Boulware). If they get a better offer, Ozzie will find someone else who can handle the job.

Also remember that we should have 10 draft picks (7 less 2 for McNair and Sapp + 1 for Lacasse + 4 comp picks) to fill some of spots if the incumbents leave.

For Pashos? I would guess somewhere in the 4/18-5/22 range with about six or seven million guaranteed. And that's if the Ravens can get him signed before free agency starts. If not, it's likely to be more. It definitely won't be a small deal by ay stretch of the imagination. I don't see much of a market for either Mughelli or Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by HDDream View Post
    For Pashos? I would guess somewhere in the 4/18-5/22 range with about six or seven million guaranteed. And that's if the Ravens can get him signed before free agency starts. If not, it's likely to be more. It definitely won't be a small deal by ay stretch of the imagination. I don't see much of a market for either Mughelli or Johnson.
    I agree with you on Pashos, & he has come far. Instead of wasting their time talking to AD, they should concentrate on trying to get Pashos done now, that way his price doesn't go up come the start of March.

As far as Johnson & Mugheli, you are probably right on Johnson, he hasn't made a big name for himself or received much national publicity, but there has been some love going to Ovie so that may push his price up. Plus, you know Savage lives to sign former Ravens or drive their price up to us & he is sitting on a lot of cap $$$$, so you never know.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!