Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: TL's Letter To Ernie

Biscotti should work out a deal with Snyder and have Byner transferred to the Redskin's RoH. That would allow everyone to save face and still correct the mistake of putting him in the Raven's RoH.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not to be too picky, but does he go by "Ernie" these days?

If not, he may see that as mocking right off the bat.
    I was wondering the same thing. If he doesn't go by Ernie then I'd see that as condescending and mocking, mainly because it's repeated so much.

Overall I agree with everything you say 110%. It seems every conversation about the ROH always seems to steer towards Byner being up there.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    If someone pays Art Modell to remove it, he will. Let's not forget who we are talking about here.
    And what is that supposed to imply?

First off, let me just say that I agree that Byner should not be up there and never should have been up there.
    The majority of his accomplishments on the field were as a Cleveland Brown.

The ring is called "The Ravens Ring of Honor".
    With that being said, I don't particurally think Johnny U. and the Baltimore Colts belong up there.
    None of them ever played a down on that field or wore the Purple & Black.
    (many of them do in their hearts, but you get the idea)

Certainly they are a huge part of Baltimores football heritage and deserved recognition and to be remembered, but they were not Ravens as the name of the Ring of Honor suggests.
    Based on your logic in that letter they should be removed as well.

Now if the thing was called the "Baltimore Football Ring of Honor" then it would be a different story.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I have no problem with Baltimore Colts players in the Ravens Ring of Honor since they have no other home but the new house we built now named M&T. Long gone are the days of the old stadium and please remember that our Ravens cut their teeth on the hollow grounds of Memorial Stadium. Those grounds saw our beloved Colts play some smash mouth football and it was that history of the Baltimore Colts that the ROH pays tribute too.

Indy should not have our history hanging in the new stadium, however they do because the NFL let the city rob us of that history. Art left the history of the Browns in the city that earned the right to have it.... And he put our History in OUR HOUSE were it belongs. Unitas was at our new house, he stood on the sidelines, he cheered for our Ravens. The old Colts do not visit Indy to watch games they stay right here at HOME!

"It is not how you play the game that matters... It is Winning The Super Bowl that counts"... Rumor Ray

Baltimore Has 10 Pro Football Championships!
    Baltimore Colts [NFL] in 1958, 1959, 1968, and 1970
    Baltimore Stars [USFL] in 1985
    Baltimore Stallions [CFL] in 1995
    Baltimore Ravens [NFL] in 2000 and 2012
    Baltimore Mariners [AIFA] in 2010
    Baltimore Mariners [AIF] in 2014

Could not disagree more, Fanatic.

As long as Indy keeps hijacking Johnny U's and others stats, records, etc. those players MUST stay up there.

The only reason they are NOT up there is because of a selfish a-hole owner. To remove them from the RoH reaffirms that dickheads poor decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    First off, let me just say that I agree that Byner should not be up there and never should have been up there.
    The majority of his accomplishments on the field were as a Cleveland Brown.

The ring is called "The Ravens Ring of Honor".
    With that being said, I don't particurally think Johnny U. and the Baltimore Colts belong up there.
    None of them ever played a down on that field or wore the Purple & Black.
    (many of them do in their hearts, but you get the idea)

Certainly they are a huge part of Baltimores football heritage and deserved recognition and to be remembered, but they were not Ravens as the name of the Ring of Honor suggests.
    Based on your logic in that letter they should be removed as well.

Now if the thing was called the "Baltimore Football Ring of Honor" then it would be a different story.
    I agree with this, it doesn't make sense to have the old Colts in a Ravens ring of honor. They should be given a monument or something like that inside or outside the stadium, I know we have the Johnny U statue but maybe something for the other guys as well.

Without Johnny U and the Baltimore Colts this town wouldn't be diehard enough about football to have eventually regained a team.

They deserve their place in Ring of Honor and THEN some.

The HoF Baltimore Colts definitely deserve their spot in the RoH. We should always celebrate our Baltimore Football history and it allows for young fans to do a little research and find out the NFL didn't begin with the Ravens here in Baltimore.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Without Johnny U and the Baltimore Colts this town wouldn't be diehard enough about football to have eventually regained a team.

They deserve their place in Ring of Honor and THEN some.
    Well said!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    If someone pays Art Modell to remove it, he will. Let's not forget who we are talking about here.
    This post should be ignored. Rude, crude, and incorrect, I would be ashamed to have been it's author.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    This post should be ignored. Rude, crude, and incorrect, I would be ashamed to have been it's author.
    I challenge anyone to find a positive comment Donnie has made about this team.

It's one thing to to have a differing opinion based in fact. It's quite another to have one that is void of any facts what so ever.

Looks like you and I agree for once! ;)