Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: time/date for the first playoff game?

Although the ravens website says its jan 13th.....might be a typo that should have said jan 13th or 14th....

http://baltimoreravens.com/gameday/
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: time/date for the first playoff game?

A typo would be if they said "Saturday, January 14th", or "Sunday, January 13th" - it's pretty clear from the Ravens web site that they are expecting a Saturday, January 13th game.

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    A typo would be if they said "Saturday, January 14th", or "Sunday, January 13th" - it's pretty clear from the Ravens web site that they are expecting a Saturday, January 13th game.
    I'm sure the Orioles are happy, so they can have their "Fan Fest" on Sunday & bring in the scrubs for any fans left of the team. If the game is Sunday, they will have to cancel it. I'm sure everyone out there is broken hearted!!

I think when we play will be determined by who wins. But I agree, this will not be known until the wild card games are done Sunday night.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

4. Re: time/date for the first playoff game?

it's pretty clear from the Ravens web site that they are expecting a Saturday, January 13th game.
    Unless the guy running the website was supposed to type, "january 13th or 14th" and left out the "or 14th" part. Id think if it was for sure the 13th they would announce it.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If I just heard correctly on WBAL, the game is on Saturday and has been set.

Just got the e-mail from BAL. It's on Saturday and since Fox has the 8:00 game according to NFL.com that means we play at 4:30. Good sources Drew!
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Quote Originally Posted by df1570 View Post
    I talked about this last week on the air, so even though it's old news it's still relative to the topic.

The Ravens (a coach or two, some front office types) THINK they're going to play Saturday the 13th at 4:30. Thinking about it more myself, I agree.

Here are the facts so far. Follow with me or make your own judgement.

The Saturday NIGHT game is on FOX, meaning it's a NFC game, of course.

So an AFC game will take place on Saturday, late afternoon...4:15, 4:30.

If the league thinks the way I think they do, they'll give the team with the BEST record in the league one extra day of rest (only fair, right?). That means San Diego plays late on Sunday.

That means...Ravens play Saturday at 4:30.

I'm not 100% sure obviously, but if I were a bettin' man I'd bet a Chinese lunch on it! ;)

Drew, you are the man! If I ever bet a Chinese lunch with you, it will be at the best Chinese restaurant in Maryland: Hunan Manor in Columbia. Outstanding food.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

8. Re: time/date for the first playoff game?

This article from wbal says day but not time set for Ravens game:

http://wbal.com/sports/ravens/story.asp?articleid=52551

Wow, I thought the NFL usually doesn't announce the schedule until after each round. That said, I like the Saturday game better than Sunday. Current forecast according to accuweather for Saturday the 13th is for considerable clouds with a High of 54 & a low of 36. Friday is supposed to be a rainy day, so if we're playing the Colts, make sure we leave the tarp off & let that fake field get slick to slow them down. We'll see if the weather forecast holds true.

Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    Current forecast according to accuweather for Saturday the 13th is for considerable clouds with a High of 54 & a low of 36. Friday is supposed to be a rainy day, so if we're playing the Colts, make sure we leave the tarp off & let that fake field get slick to slow them down. We'll see if the weather forecast holds true.
    Wow, that is some long range forecast.

Accuweather.com goes 15 days out, just put in 21230 (where the vault is) for the zip & you get the forecast.

Baltimoreravens.com states as of 11 pm Tuesday night:

"Please Note: Ravens Divisional Playoff Game Date and Time is TBD Until This Weekend's Wild Card Games Have Been Decided.
    January 2, 2007"