Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Suggs wants Smith to start over Flacco!?!

So what? Shane Falco is a rookie, and his rookie mistakes may have cost the Ravens a win or two, a healthy Troy Smith may win or have won, but again, so what?

He is not the coach, and he has called Joe, Shane right to his face, and on the radio. He may or may not really think Troy is a better Qb, but it really does not matter what he thinks about the Qb situation any more than what we think about it. More people may listen when he says it, but unless he gets promoted to coach, it is not going to happen.

I actually like hearing what the players really think, not just what they are told to say. If Joe needs 100% of Suggs' confidence and moral support to play well, he needs to find a different game. The Qb gets the credit and the blame even more than the coach.

Last edited by Mista T; 10-22-2008 at 11:48 AM. Reason: not on this forum, please!

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    The irony here is when has Suggs had a great game against a great team? Suggs is not in the class of the best defensive players in the league yet he's getting paid like one. My point is Suggs needs a quality surrounding cast to be good, look at last year when Pryce was injured his sacks fell off a cliff. Suggs is vastly overated.[/B]
    I agree, I think it's VERY ironic he would criticize Flacco for beating two bad teams but yet if you look at his stats he gets all his numbers against bad teams! When has he come up with a big sack recently? Hell he misses so many in Pittsburgh I think he's still trying to catch Roethlisberger.

Give me a break, please Harbaugh, fine his ass.

I'll tell you what, Suggs is doing an awful lot of mouth running lately. One pick-six against Miami and all of a sudden he's got the moxie to tell us the team has a bounty on Ward's head, and that he wants Troy Smith to start over Flacco?

If Joe needs 100% of Suggs' confidence and moral support to play well, he needs to find a different game.
    Jeremiah most of the time I just skim over your posts and let other people refute what you say, but this is absolutely rediculous. You need the support of your TEAM if you are going to succeed in this league.

Let me ask you this. Given what you just said, how can we not assume then that Suggs isn't playing at 100% because he doesn't like the fact that Flacco is starting?

You just described what continues to be wrong with the Baltimore Ravens in some of their players.

Wow.
    Last edited by Mista T; 10-22-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Please don't quote posts like that
    You betcha! Maverick. But what about the rest of the people who just think the best QB should play.
    Last edited by Greg; 10-22-2008 at 11:53 AM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We can discuss the race issue without being nasty, I would hope.

Last edited by Mista T; 10-22-2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: no race or politics
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Yeah, let him pack his bags and go at the end of the season if he's gonna become a cancer for the team.

Sure, throw him away. after all Pro bowl players are a dime a dozen.

Suggs just is trying to raise his profile by doing a bunch of media this year. He wants to be the highest paid defender in teh NFL. So do I, but he actually has a chance to do it.

He may think Troy is a better QB, he may know he is, he may be wrong, but he is just expressing his opinion. Censorship is more dangerous than racism. I would rather know how someone really feels than just shut them up in a public forum for idiocy or ignorance. Hoe can we cure ignorance by ignoring the ignorant?

Last edited by Mista T; 10-22-2008 at 01:04 PM.