Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roger Godell on WBAL right now!

Steve Davis has an interview with NFL Comish Roger Goodell going on at this moment on WBAL.
    Last edited by OwingsMillsAlex; 10-16-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: fixing Goodell's spelling.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Re: Roger Godell on WBAL right now!

And that interview is finished. Goodell had a lot to say tonight. From what I was able to hear he talked about the fight between Comcast and the NFL Network, health benefits for the retired players of yester-year, and Troy Lots-o-hair-o's comments about the fines levied against Hiney Ward.

His take is that Comcast wants to make money on their own programing and not offer channels they have to pay for for free. He said that they are in the process of meeting with the FCC regarding fair practice in regards to Comcast and their handling of the channel. He said they were upset that the NFL Network would show the 8 games they show and not allow Comcast to put them on a pay-as-you-go channel.

He said he was upset with Troy's comments as the NFL is more then about money and all about the safety of it's employees on the field.

And he is working with the older players to help in researching and getting medical assistance for those players of yester-year.

The entire interview will be on WBAL.com.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    and Troy Lots-o-hair-o's comments about the fines levied against Hiney Ward.

OK -- I'll bite: who is "Troy Lots-o-hair-o's" and what comments?

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Troy Polamalu is the man with the hair.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

I don't know, TRAP may be right.

Just look at how money, and the love of it, screwed us in regards to the rescheduled game against the Hou$ton Texan$.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Troy is right and Goodell knows it.
    Um, bullshit

The stoolers are one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL and Goodell is trying to correct that.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Um, bullshit

The stoolers are one of the dirtiest teams in the NFL and Goodell is trying to correct that.
    Um, bullshit.

If Reed said it about Suggs hitting Collins and getting flagged, you'd be all over that shit.

This isn't about the Steelers. The league in general has gotten well overly heavy handed in flagging and fining guys for ticky-tack garbage. It's pathetic, and I don't care if it's Polamalu that said it or Ray Lewis, it's the right thing to say.

- C -

"Oh by the way" edit - Goodell saying it's to protect the players is BS. One of those fines on Ward was for Ward standing over a guy and ribbing him.
    Last edited by psuasskicker; 10-17-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Troy is right and Goodell knows it.
    This absolutely proves it. You are an unabashed closet squealer! Ugghh! I'll do now what I have never done. G'bye Prat Fink!