Thread: Toast

Toast

I remember seeing Baxter getting burnt often, but I don't even remember seeing him beat that badly.

WTF? Did he forget how to play corner?

That double move was sick, if you get beat that badly you better hold the son of a bitch and take the penalty instead of the pathetic bump he gave...

Re: Toast

He's a major liability. He's literally the only piece of this defense that scares me...he's the ONLY weak link.

That said, Lee Evans is a beast. He's been doing that to CBs all year. He's absolutely amazing.

- C -

This is why I want a high round CB draft pick :( That said, that pick was nice. How he did not outrun Losman is beyond me though, LOL.

It's nice to be able to say that a guy like Samari Rolle, a starter on almost any team in the league, is your greatest liability. While this is an area we can improve, he's still a very serviceable corner. I expect some of our young DBs to challenge him for a spot next year. Prude, Pittman, and others will be fighting for his spot.

Lee Evans gets paid too. He is a stud. Corners get beat, its part of the job. Rolle is not Deron Jenkins.

Rolle is the reason we lost the game against the Panthers. He doesn't get burnt on those two long passes to Smith that turned into TD's we win the game and have the #1 seed in the Playoffs.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Lee Evans gets paid too. He is a stud. Corners get beat, its part of the job.
    Rolle gets paid more to stop that shit

So are we going to show the same anger towards Landry for allowing Evans to out battle him for the ball on that second long pass? After his rocky start, Rolle has played well down the stretch. One play against a great wide receiver isn't going to change that.

Given the fact that we do have the #1 Defense in World, which routinely holds teams to 2 or less scores per game, I guess it could be construed that Samari Rolle is our "Weakest Link".

I'm not so sure of that, personally. He hasn't really been burned all that much lately, it's just that the times he has been burned, he's been CREMATED.

Samari's a pro though and I know he'll be more critical of himself than anyone and use our two week vacation to rest and tighten up his play come the divisional round.

The reason he couldn't outrun Losman is because J.P. wisely used the sideline as a second defender.

So are we going to show the same anger towards Landry for allowing Evans to out battle him for the ball on that second long pass? After his rocky start, Rolle has played well down the stretch. One play against a great wide receiver isn't going to change that.
    nah because he fought for it and tied. It was only a catch by default

Rolle has gotten a *lot* better as the year has gone on. Almost any other team, he's the number one corner, and they're glad to have him, and opposing qb's pick on the *other* guy.

It seems to me Rolle sees a lot more balls than McAlister, some will get through. He's not as good as McAlister, but how many of the top two corners in the league are we supposed to have?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

2 :D