Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 33
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    350

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"



    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Also, Suggs said he would not take less money to stay a Raven.

    I can't blame the guy, but it does dishearten me to hear him say he wouldn't give us the "hometown discount"
    No Discount, No Contract, I'll take a third round pick for him! He's already proven he can't generate a Pass Rush w/o Pryce, (or even with him) and if he won't take a few Mil less to stay a Raven... See Ya!!

    What he fails to realize is that he is potentially looking at TWO more good Contracts if he stays a Raven! If he moves on, I expect he'll turn out a lot like Hartwell. One nice contract and DONE.
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;




  2. #14

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    It's Suggs turn to get paid. The other to LB's should be given take it or leave it deals. Ozzie says you pay a player based on what he will do, not what he has done. That being said...we all know Biscotti being the meddling owner he is is going to step in and pay his buddy Ray whatever he wants. Biscotti has proven in his short, lousy tenure to act with his gut not his "c" student brain. That's why this franchise is in decline. I beg you to prove me wrong with facts, not how much money Biscotti has made..it's irrelevant to how he has ruined this franchise.




  3. #15

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    No Discount, No Contract, I'll take a third round pick for him! He's already proven he can't generate a Pass Rush w/o Pryce, (or even with him) and if he won't take a few Mil less to stay a Raven... See Ya!!

    What he fails to realize is that he is potentially looking at TWO more good Contracts if he stays a Raven! If he moves on, I expect he'll turn out a lot like Hartwell. One nice contract and DONE.
    Surely you jest.

    Suggs leads the team in sacks and is right on pace to match his 2004 & 2006 numbers. He was one of the few Ravens to actually put Manning on his ass Sunday, although Manning quickly wised up and adjusted his throws and protection to defeat our scheme.

    Suggs will be good no matter where he goes... Hopefully he stays a RAVEN.

    UNLEASH THE BEASTS!!!!




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    203

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    It's Suggs turn to get paid. The other to LB's should be given take it or leave it deals. Ozzie says you pay a player based on what he will do, not what he has done. That being said...we all know Biscotti being the meddling owner he is is going to step in and pay his buddy Ray whatever he wants. Biscotti has proven in his short, lousy tenure to act with his gut not his "c" student brain. That's why this franchise is in decline. I beg you to prove me wrong with facts, not how much money Biscotti has made..it's irrelevant to how he has ruined this franchise.


    Hi, my name is Reality....Have we met??

    I'm not one to drink the Purple Kool-AID or anything, but WOW!!! I get the feeling that you and I, we are not exactly occupying space in the same spatial plane of existence. Oh well, enjoy your version of life, I'm sure it treats you well.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX





  5. #17

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by RvnFanInIndy View Post
    Hi, my name is Reality....Have we met??

    I'm not one to drink the Purple Kool-AID or anything, but WOW!!! I get the feeling that you and I, we are not exactly occupying space in the same spatial plane of existence. Oh well, enjoy your version of life, I'm sure it treats you well.
    Enjoy living in fantasy land...I am sure it beats Indiana. What's the teams record since Biscotti took over? How many playoff wins?




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    203

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Enjoy living in fantasy land...I am sure it beats Indiana. What's the teams record since Biscotti took over? How many playoff wins?

    Well, ya got me there. Biscotti is the worst owner since Angelos. How bout we travel back to your original post??? (cue the wavy video effect)

    You said...'we all know Biscotti being the meddling owner he is is going to step in and pay his buddy Ray whatever he wants'
    Has he suggested this in the media? Even if he has, what would you have him do? Stand up and say..."I am not going to pay Ray anymore than the Vet. minimum. He is too old and not productive anymore, certainly not worth the money he wants!!!"
    Great PR move there don't ya think?? I'm sure if Ray heard that, he'd play at 100% every game. I'm also sure that the rest of the team would back ownership and not the heart and soul of the club! Any smart owner is going to publicly state that a player of Ray's popularity with the fans and his teammates is going to get what he wants. If the owner or front office would state otherwise, they will almost certainly risk losing the fans and the team.

    Secondly, you stated...'Biscotti being the meddling owner he is'
    Really?? Oh that's right, I remember seeing him on the sideline, talking to players during the game....nooo...that was Jerry Jones. Oh yeah, he was talking to Harbs about what plays to call....hmmm....nope, Jerry again. Dang, now I got it, he was grabbing any reporter that would listen and telling them how smart he is and denying his face lifts.....What....Oh...Mr.Jones huh??? OK, ya got me...please be to explaining Mr.Biscotti's meddling? I'm at a loss on that one.

    Third....'Biscotti has proven in his short, lousy tenure...how he has ruined this franchise.'
    Hmmm....let's see....two years ago...13-3 Division Champs. F*cking owner has ruined this team!!!!! Bastard turned us into a laughing stock of the league. Just call us the 'Lions of the East Coast' or the 'Raiders of the Atlantic' or how about...yeah, that's what I thought. Let's face it, he started with a team that had few...if any....offensive weapons, and several high priced defensive players that could not all be re-signed. Combine that with a GM that has NEVER drafted well when it comes to the Offense and what do you have?? That's right boys and girls, you have the Baltimore Ravens!!!!!

    And oh by the way, your right....Indiana sucks ass. It is total and complete hell being able to afford a house that's within a 10 minute drive of my work. You have know idea how difficult it is to have a 30 minute rush-hour every morning.....not my drive mind you...but the TOTAL rush hour. And don't even get me started with having to deal with all these people who speak English as their first language!!!! OMG....being able to actually hold a conversation with the guy at the convenience store, or the gas station...what a freakin drag. Not to mention the fact that, if I sold my house today, would actually make a profit on it.....how's that East Coast market doin' for ya???
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,353

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Before you make a broad comment on what I meant, get the facts straight next time.
    Hi Kettle, my name is Pot.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    350

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Surely you jest.

    Suggs leads the team in sacks and is right on pace to match his 2004 & 2006 numbers. He was one of the few Ravens to actually put Manning on his ass Sunday, although Manning quickly wised up and adjusted his throws and protection to defeat our scheme.

    Suggs will be good no matter where he goes... Hopefully he stays a RAVEN.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Suggs stay, but if he wants to be the highest paid Defender in the League, or at least Freeney type money... SeeYa. I'll take the third round supplemental pick!

    You point out how well he's playing this year and I agree. But I think it has more to do with Pryce being there and Ngata & Bannan stepping their game up yet again!

    After all, I would have liked to have seen him beat Joe Thomas (Second Year Player) at least once! He had all of his plays against Cleveland when he was on the opposite side of Thomas. If you want to be paid like the best, you need to beat the best - at least sometimes!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;




  9. #21

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Suggs stay, but if he wants to be the highest paid Defender in the League, or at least Freeney type money... SeeYa. I'll take the third round supplemental pick!

    You point out how well he's playing this year and I agree. But I think it has more to do with Pryce being there and Ngata & Bannan stepping their game up yet again!

    After all, I would have liked to have seen him beat Joe Thomas (Second Year Player) at least once! He had all of his plays against Cleveland when he was on the opposite side of Thomas. If you want to be paid like the best, you need to beat the best - at least sometimes!
    So let me get this straight: We beat Derek Anderson to a pulp and you feel as if Suggs didn't make enough plays against Thomas? Kinda picky if you ask me. A linebacker benefitting from good D-line play? Hmmm wasn't that what helped win Ray Lewis two DPOY awards and has continued to allow him to play at a high level?




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    350

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    So let me get this straight: We beat Derek Anderson to a pulp and you feel as if Suggs didn't make enough plays against Thomas? Kinda picky if you ask me. A linebacker benefitting from good D-line play? Hmmm wasn't that what helped win Ray Lewis two DPOY awards and has continued to allow him to play at a high level?
    So I guess what you are saying is we should break the bank to keep Suggs here as he is obviously the most important player on the Ravens Team. Let Ray go, Let Jason Browne go, don't look for any WR or CB help in Free agency, We don't need any body but Suggs!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;




  11. #23

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
    So I guess what you are saying is we should break the bank to keep Suggs here as he is obviously the most important player on the Ravens Team. Let Ray go, Let Jason Browne go, don't look for any WR or CB help in Free agency, We don't need any body but Suggs!
    In a word, NO.

    Click down a few pages and read my "Has Terell Suggs Silenced the Critics?" thread for how I feel about Suggs and free agency. In the (paraphrased) words of Brian Billick: " I will not retry this case in the court of public opinion..."




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie
    Posts
    350

    Re: Suggs on WJFK "The Junkies"

    Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    In a word, NO.

    Click down a few pages and read my "Has Terell Suggs Silenced the Critics?" thread for how I feel about Suggs and free agency. In the (paraphrased) words of Brian Billick: " I will not retry this case in the court of public opinion..."
    Okay, I did, and found ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    ....And T-Sizzle continues to be a force to be reckoned with.

    Talk about ruthless aggression...I thought D. Anderson was gonna file sexual harassment charges against Suggs, he molested him so much yesterday!

    The explicit celebration dance afterward was just icing on the cake!

    I say again: We MUST re-sign #55...Holla!!
    AND

    Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Another big game, another great Terrell Suggs performance.

    Stout against the run and the opposing QB's worst enemy. Hell, I even saw him dropping into coverage against the Stoolers a couple of times last night.

    #55 is earning that big payday a game at a time...And our defense is the beneficiary of his exemplary play...Holla!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, or pulled these quotes out of context, but this seems to be the general drift of your opinion in that thread. It still seems like signing Suggs is your Number One priority regardless of the cost/impact on the team!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland