Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboys News

Re: Cowboys News

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe
    Dude is gonna hit the FA market. This team isn't in the position to give up 3 picks for a guy who might walk at the end of the year.
    PP
    I don't have a link since I heard this on Fox Sports Radio Tuedsay night, but the report was the the Cowboys extended Williams' contract. So he's not likely to hit the FA market after all. TO will be thrilled to hear this news. It would seem that they grabbed Williams to take TO's place as WR of the future. And maybe the present.

The Cowboys are a soap opera, but this type of soap opera, in which they seem likely headed for some serious internal conflict, makes me very happy.

Hopefully they'll be in enough turmoil when we go to Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I don't have a link since I heard this on Fox Sports Radio Tuedsay night, but the report was the the Cowboys extended Williams' contract. So he's not likely to hit the FA market after all. TO will be thrilled to hear this news. It would seem that they grabbed Williams to take TO's place as WR of the future. And maybe the present.

The Cowboys are a soap opera, but this type of soap opera, in which they seem likely headed for some serious internal conflict, makes me very happy.
    You are right. A 5 year deal is in place that will reportedly make him one of the highest paid WR in the league.

They can have him for that kind of money plus a 1st/3rd/6th.

Williams might be the WR of the future but they just forked over a boatload of money in June to TO.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe3
    A 5 year deal is in place that will reportedly make him one of the highest paid WR in the league.
    I assume that means Williams will probably be making more than T.O.

Owens might not have a meltdown right away, but it's coming. He likes to think he's the best WR in the league, and now he's not even the highest paid WR on his own team.

Blog Entries

A 1st rounder for Roy Williams? What a horrible move.