Thread: My Film Study

My Film Study

McCallister - Sucks
    Walker - Sucks even more
    McGahee - is slow and sucks
    Flacco - yet another 1st round bust
    McClain - overrated
    O-Line - Sucks
    Defense - Really Overrated. We will start seeing teams thowing against us like last year and we won't come close to stopping anyone.

Final season record 3-13 this year.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Re: My Film Study

How cay you say Flacco is a first round bust after five games? It takes time for a QB to learn and remember that:

1) Flacco wasn't supposed to even start this season
    2) Flacco didn't start practiving with the first team till week 3 of the pre-season once Boller and Smith were ruled out due to injuries and illness.

Minus today's game he has looked good over the first four games. Today was a setback on the road to growing as all sides of the ball and special teams were toasted all day.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    How cay you say Flacco is a first round bust after five games? It takes time for a QB to learn and remember that:

1) Flacco wasn't supposed to even start this season
    2) Flacco didn't start practiving with the first team till week 3 of the pre-season once Boller and Smith were ruled out due to injuries and illness.

Minus today's game he has looked good over the first four games. Today was a setback on the road to growing as all sides of the ball and special teams were toasted all day.
    Because he has only looked good in the first 2 games of the season, and in both of those games he barely had to throw.

Look at what another rookie Matt Ryan is doing in Atlanta. That is a NFL QB.

I agree the entire team sucked today and that is going to be a sign of things to come as we melt down like we did last year.

I am feeling the next 6 years slip away in the hands of Flacco.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

The big difference is that Atlanta went into the season knowing that Matt Ryan would be their starter and was working with him since day one. The Ravens went into the season thinking that Troy Smith would be the starter with Boller as the backup. They never wanted Flacco to start and when circumstances arose he had to be the starter. If we had started from OTA's with Flacco primed to be the starter I think we'd have a different look with this offense.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Sometimes there are posts that make we wonder why people are permitted to be fans of teams.

About the only thing I could agree with is the last bullet point.

The defense very well might be overrated, and could very well be facing an uphill battle here with a battered secondary, and an offense that can't seem to do much to contribute to the cause.

I think the coaching right now has alot to be desired.

Now that I might come out and say sucks!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

We seem to be a little snake bitten the last two years on injuries. If Yanda is out for the year, that would make 9 players I think on IR. Thats the same total as all last year and last year was a horrible year for injuries. WTF is up with this?

He is just venting. It's to be expected.

Although, all the shimmers in Flacco's world is sure to fade. His luster has pretty much worn off for me.

I hope I am dead wrong on this, but I just dont see the kid as NFL material. Yes, it's only been 5 games but he just looks out of his league so far.

Again, I hope I am dead wrong on this.

LOL.

Awesome post!

PP

Again, I hope I am dead wrong on this.
    Oh, don't worry, you are. Again.

It's not hard to see who the chicken littles are.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

7 INT's with 1 TD and I am wrong?

PP makes a great point that our WR corp is average at best. So yes, his targets are limited and that may explain the 1 TD. I get that.

But, as Stinger pointed out in another post, it's one thing if these were rookie mistakes. It's quite another when he stares down receivers, throws into double and triple coverage and cant seem to learn the very basic of QB skills -- throwing the ball away!

David Steele and, dare I say it, Preston, both point out something I had forgotten or simply chose to block out of my mind -- Flacco missed the most basic of passes, having dirted short throws and throwing high on the throws to the RB out of the backfield.

My GM haze has worn off so I am not going to thrown in my STFU card just yet. But my concern for his abilities have increased a lot of the past three games.

camdenyard, instead of insults, how about debating some facts? Where am I "wrong" here?
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-13-2008 at 09:25 AM.

But, as Stinger pointed out in another post, it's one thing if these were rookie mistakes. It's quite another when he stares down receivers, throws into double and triple coverage and cant seem to learn the very basic of QB skills -- throwing the ball away!

My GM haze has worn off so I am not going to thrown in my STFU card just yet. But my concern for his abilities have increased a lot of the past three games.

camdenyard, instead of insults, how about debating some facts? Where am I "wrong" here?
    Oh, it's not an insult, Houston. It's Football 101

We just don't have too much to go on at this point, one way or the other.

I do know this:

- He has little to work with from a WR perspective
    - Our All-World TE is in the witness protection program
    - He's already made some throws that we have not seen from a Ravens QB in ten years
    - He just finished his 5th NFL start

Show me a QB who never stared down his receivers, especially in his first season. Show me one who doesn't throw into coverage. I mean, McNabb and Favre are throwing into triple coverage ALL THE TIME. They always have. The bottom line is we won't know what we have with Flacco until the season is over. Maybe not even then. Hell, look at Anderson over in CLE. He's regressed. Aiken was 1-15 his first season. Elway looked bad his first year.

All I am looking for this year is progress. Keep in mind that as teams get tape on him, they are going to adjust. He'll need to adjust as well.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

camdenyard,

I give you those bullet points and I agree with them.

McNabb and Farve do not throw into triple coverage "all the time". That's just silly. They may do it from time to time because they have legit WR's, thinking they will go up and fight for the ball. But Flacco has to know that unless the ball is going to #85, there wont be a fight for the ball.

And I dont think Clay Aiken is in the NFL. But there was this guy named Troy Aikman who did have a bad first year. ;)

Maybe it just still stings from the weekend still. I do agree with you that he needs to show progress.