Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Film Study

Re: My Film Study

Like you said, we are just not that good. But think about it - we beat up on two teams that are a combined 1-9. We ALWAYS match up well with PIT and TEN, and we NEVER match up well with Indy, so I guess you could say we still don't know how good or bad we really are.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You are dead right, for the moment. At least on the observations of his play thus far.

BUT . . .

Flacco is poised and moves around fairly well and while he does he keeps his eyes downfield. He has a very strong arm. The rest can be taught and as the game slows down for him much will also come.

I am not too worried about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Flacco is poised and moves around fairly well and while he does he keeps his eyes downfield. He has a very strong arm. The rest can be taught and as the game slows down for him much will also come.

I am not too worried about him.
    DITTO..
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Like you said, we are just not that good. But think about it - we beat up on two teams that are a combined 1-9. We ALWAYS match up well with PIT and TEN, and we NEVER match up well with Indy, so I guess you could say we still don't know how good or bad we really are.
    Good point, Indy always kicks our asses, God I hate that. I friggin hate Manning more and more every year.

5. Re: My Film Study

It's games like these that truly expose where the Ravens need to improve in their roster.

QB- They didn't want Flacco to play this year. There was no other option. He will have games like this. Some would think the comparison to Ryan is fair, it isn't. He has a #1 reciever with size and speed. The staff is so scared at Flacco making mistakes that they handle him with kid gloves. You can't max protect every play and only send out 2 recievers. Show some confidence in him and he should reward you. Otherwise why did they draft him?

RB- Willis McGahee is HURT. He has been hurt and conditioning has been questioned several times. He had no burst. McClain is 260 and should run North-South. Not on Draws or Sweeps but straight ahead. Rice got time and didn't do badly. Again show confidence in a kid that took all the snaps in pre-season.

WR- This corps has been awful for years. Heap is not a part of the battle plan anymore as he has to help a weak line. Mason is a possession reciever. Clayton runs a great reverse. Williams when healthy could be a beneficial. Marcus Smith? Inactive. No separation from this group and no one who can get behind the defense.

O-Line- Anyone figure why Willie Anderson got cut? Brown, Yanda, Grubbs are a good start. Gaither needs reps and Terry is adequate at best. Injuries will make this unit woeful

D-Line - Strongest group. Ngata should be a pro bowler, Gregg will be missed. Bannan has been exceptional. Pryce is too old. Suggs gets sacks against inferior competition and talks more than he plays.

LBs- All around solid. Scott must improve in coverage. Lewis can still make clutch plays.

DBs- A concerted effort was made to strengthen this area. Reed and McAlister are both playing hurt. Landry is out. Leonhard is decent. Ivy is undersized. Walker is simply not good. Washington and Rolle are both out. This unit hangs by a thread.

K- Matt Stover - It's been a great career but it's time.

ST- How has a strength of the team turned into a liability? Coverage is awful. Return game 101 - Don't run out a kick 8 yards into your endzone. Figurs has been too tenative.

My long winded point here is that the roster is need of changes next, now that we have a new coach. They need to get younger and quicker. If you didn't get that from Sunday's game, you never will.

I hope this helps cool the flames:

John Elway 1983: 11 games 7 TD 14 INT 54.9 Rating
    Montana: 1 Start his Rookie Season (1979)
    Steve Young 1986: 14 games 8 TD 13 INT 65.5 Rating

My Film Study:

You guys are funny.

Strap on your helmets and get ready to root for a team that's not going to win the Super Bowl this year. Think you can handle it?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    I hope this helps cool the flames:

John Elway 1983: 11 games 7 TD 14 INT 54.9 Rating
    Montana: 1 Start his Rookie Season (1979)
    Steve Young 1986: 14 games 8 TD 13 INT 65.5 Rating
    Thank you...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!

Not only for having something to throw at the "Flacco is a Bust, Flacco is a Bust..Bbrrraawwwkkkk...Flacco is a Bust" parrots, but also for doing it so I didn't have to look up the stats myself.:D

Good point, Indy always kicks our asses, God I hate that. I friggin hate Manning more and more every year.
    So do I, only because he doesn't wear the Purple and Black....and cause sometimes he sounds like Foghorn Leghorn.

Lets face it, there is only one way to deal with yesterdays game:

till you then you get to:
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Kyle Boller 2003: 11 games 7 TD 9 INT 62.4 Rating
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

Also consider that Flacco is really adjusting from the Delaware, low talent system, to the NFL. We're going to have games like this. Very soon, he'll start putting it together and the mistakes will start to fade away.

But yeah, I do think you have to consider what he's working with. DWil and Clayton are starting to play better, but they certainly aren't going to help him establish a long passing game. Heap is getting put in blocking situations too often to be effective. Mason and Flacco are on fire, and that should show us something to hope for.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Kyle Boller 2003: 11 games 7 TD 9 INT 62.4 Rating
    Yes, and he was in the mix to start Week 1 from the very beginning of the preseason up until he was named the starter, and he came from California, which is a Div 1A school.

I can't argue that he had more to work with in a passing game. I believe he was working with Heap, Travis Taylor, and Marcus Robinson.

I can argue he had a better line though. That line paved the way for Jamal to rush for 2066 yards!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

My only problem with Flac yesterday was the play to D-Will that ended up being Intercepted. DWill had good separation and if Flac airs it out it's 6 for us instead of picked.

He always seems to underthrow the deep balls, especially to D-Will, I hope this is just a timing issue and works itslef out, he did the same thing against Tennessee. It's like he just underestimates the speed of our receivers as well as the DB's.

If he can fix this.... .... the sky's the limit!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;