Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Leaving for Indy tomarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Here here, camdenyard. Well said.

Wait until the Colts have a bad year or two and get on a downswing. That new stadium will have so many empty seats.
    This day will come when Manning retires. He is that team. That "city" and their "fans" are a joke.

Im here sitting in the Hilton in Indianapolis. The game sucked, the beer was cold tho. Indianapolis is a very nice city. I love coming up here. I agree they should have never gotten a NFL team but the people are very nice.

FYI: The game was not a sell out, all morning long the local radio stations were stating tickets were still available.

Most of the people that talked to the Wife and I were polite and civil, while a few were loud and obnoxious, and obviously drunk. As the game drug on, their fans became less argumentative, many actually felt bad for us....with good reason I suppose. Now then, will their fan base shrink when Manning retires?? Absolutely, are they the 'best football fans ever'?? No, not even close. Would I take these people as my neighbors, co-workers, and friends, over those in the D.C Metro area?? Guess the fact that we've been out here for a year and a half with no thoughts of moving back to MD say it all.
    Future MVP of Superbowl LXIX

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post

FYI: The game was not a sell out, all morning long the local radio stations were stating tickets were still available.
    Wow, that's insane! Could you imagine them announcing Ravens tickets still available on game day?! In a brand new stadium no less?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Wow, that's insane! Could you imagine them announcing Ravens tickets still available on game day?! In a brand new stadium no less?
    I just got back from Indy yesterday. From what I was told by a Colts fan, the tickets that were available on game-day were returns from the Ravens. Sort of like what happens every time we play Cleveland. The visiting team returns unused tickets and the home team offers them for sale.

The game was a sell out and was on local TV in Indy.

Their new stadium was real nice, gotta admit. I'm still not a fan of domes but it is slightly improved with the retractable roof. Unfortunately the part of the roof that opens is just the center section so it sort of feels like watching a game in a big car with a sunroof. But the stadium is MUCH improved over the old one.

I'll give Indy fans a lot of credit. They are friendly hosts. I was sporting my Ravens gear and barely heard anything negative from their fans the whole day. Most stopped by to ask where I was from and shake my hand. Such a pleasant game to go to vs going to Philly or Pitt or Cinci and having "fans" try to pick fights with you the whole game.

I don't like the Colts being in Indy any more than the next guy but their fans treated me with total class both of the times I've been there for games. I wish the game had turned out better but I have no gripes with the Indy fans.