Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ring of Honor - JO

Not sure if anyone noticed this but there was a black tarp covering the spot next to Michael McCrary on the Ring of honor. I can only assume it's for Ogden.

Maybe the Raiders game will be his induction.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: Ring of Honor - JO

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed this but there was a black tarp covering the spot next to Michael McCrary on the Ring of honor. I can only assume it's for Ogden.

Maybe the Raiders game will be his induction.
    I saw that also. No question it has to be JO. I think they may hold it for a divisional game later in the Year. Say the Squeelers.
    I had another thought when I saw that. A few years down the road do they put another member of the last decade of Raven football in the Ring of Honor. I am not thinking about Ray, (that is a given) but how about Brian Billick?? Keep in mind Ernest Byner is up there. Why not Brian?

Billick is a lock for induction in the Ravens Ring of Honor. In fact, they should place his ROH signage over Ernest Byner's just to be fair!

No coach in the NFL gave as much respect and props to the fans as Billick did while he was here and I definitely want to be there to return the favor when his time for induction comes...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Billick is a lock for induction in the Ravens Ring of Honor. In fact, they should place his ROH signage over Ernest Byner's just to be fair!

No coach in the NFL gave as much respect and props to the fans as Billick did while he was here and I definitely want to be there to return the favor when his time for induction comes...
    I agree. Now that he is out, I think he deserves a lot of respect. He won us a SB. He deserves as much credit for it as anyone.

He was great with the fans. Even if you disagreed with almost all of his offensive philosophy, he would debate you on the radio and defend his decisions without much BS or "coach speak"

The Ernest Byner induction was for Art and only Art. He didn't do enough with the Ravens to merit an induction.

Like we all agreed before ...

Steve Bisciotti, Dick Cass, if you happen to be reading this - Just take down Byner's name. Do it quietly on day, maybe in the offseason. The media won't report on it, the fans won't talk about it, no one will say a word.

Hell, I'd rather see the Championship CFL Baltimore Stallions in the ROH than Ernest Byner!

Jermaine Lewis or Priest Holmes (our first 1,000 yard back) deserve induction far more that Byner ever will...

Here we go again. No thread about the RoH is complete unless most of the posts deal with Ernest Byner.

JO - yes
    Billick - yes

Those two, along with Ray Lewis, were the ones who stamped "Baltimore Ravens" on the map of the NFL. I credit the three of them with transforming this team from 'the old Cleveland Browns' to a new team, with its own identity.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Here we go again. No thread about the RoH is complete unless most of the posts deal with Ernest Byner.

JO - yes
    Billick - yes

Those two, along with Ray Lewis, were the ones who stamped "Baltimore Ravens" on the map of the NFL. I credit the three of them with transforming this team from 'the old Cleveland Browns' to a new team, with its own identity.
    AMEN
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    Like we all agreed before ...

Steve Bisciotti, Dick Cass, if you happen to be reading this - Just take down Byner's name. Do it quietly on day, maybe in the offseason. The media won't report on it, the fans won't talk about it, no one will say a word.
    Not while Modell is still alive. When Art passes, I think this may happen, but certainly not before.

As for Billick, going to take a few years for him to be inducted. It'd be ridiculous to do it so soon after he was fired, and probably still some animosity on both sides.

How about creating another level or two on the ROH. bump Byner down and add in Holmes, Jamal, maybe Sharper and Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    How about creating another level or two on the ROH. bump Byner down and add in Holmes, Jamal, maybe Sharper and Goose.
    Holmes!!!??? Sharper????!! First of all, that's just stupid, second of all, :read .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.