Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ring of Honor - JO

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Holmes!!!??? Sharper????!! First of all, that's just stupid, second of all, :read .
    I read it, and the responses. That is why I proposed a solution to some of the problems people have with J.O. being on the same ring as Byner.

Holmes and Sharper helped as much as anyone during the SB season, and since Holmes went on to be borderline HOF, he should get a little love on ROH at least on the Earnest Byner level, right next to Trent Dilfer maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I read it, and the responses. That is why I proposed a solution to some of the problems people have with J.O. being on the same ring as Byner.

Holmes and Sharper helped as much as anyone during the SB season, and since Holmes went on to be borderline HOF, he should get a little love on ROH at least on the Earnest Byner level, right next to Trent Dilfer maybe.
    I actually think it's not the worst idea in the world. It's classless to take Byner off, but it's not classless to "wash him out" by simply overflowing the ring with members, and seperating a few from the heard....

Also to be included in the The Earnest Byner level

Last edited by SHORTTRACK; 10-09-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Holmes and Sharper, while great Ravens, would only cheapen the RoH .... as does Byner's name.

I do not want our RoH to become the Ring of Pretty Good.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Billick is a lock for induction in the Ravens Ring of Honor. In fact, they should place his ROH signage over Ernest Byner's just to be fair!

No coach in the NFL gave as much respect and props to the fans as Billick did while he was here and I definitely want to be there to return the favor when his time for induction comes...
    I agree. Coach Billick used to walk across the bridge and wave and talk to us fans on his way into the purple palace....on game days of course.

I also recall him graciously giving his time at the (name escapes me) restaurant in Annapolis after the 2001 season I think it was.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

Holmes and Sharper helped as much as anyone during the SB season,
    Really? As much as Shannon Sharpe? Rod Woodson? Jeff Mitchell? Mike Flynn? Duane Starks? Kim Herring?

and since Holmes went on to be borderline HOF,
    (a) No, and (b) with another team. . .

he should get a little love on ROH at least on the Earnest Byner level, right next to Trent Dilfer maybe.
    Look. Ernest Byner does not belong on the RoH. But he's there. That's the end of the story. The RoH is what it is: a tremendous honor. Academy Awards remain tremendous honors, notwithstanding that Kevin Costner and Robert Zemeckis have each won one.

But we don't spend every Academy Awards ceremony bemoaning, in retrospect, awards given to Dancing With Wolves or Forrest Gump. We just move on, and figure out who gets one next.

If the whole point of your secondary layers of RoH is to give the team something to do with Byner's plaque, then that's kind of sad. Wouldn't it be easier just to get over it, and worry about JO and maybe BB?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I actually think it's not the worst idea in the world. It's classless to take Byner off, but it's not classless to "wash him out" by simply overflowing the ring with members, and seperating a few from the heard....
    Jonboy, I am surprised to see you picking up this baton. Seriously, you don't think it's easier just to get over it? You would consider a proposal to make a mockery of the whole thing, rather then simply accept that once upon a time, there was a single mistake?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Billick is a lock for induction in the Ravens Ring of Honor. In fact, they should place his ROH signage over Ernest Byner's just to be fair!

No coach in the NFL gave as much respect and props to the fans as Billick did while he was here and I definitely want to be there to return the favor when his time for induction comes...
    I will be there with you.

[QUOTE=HoustonRaven;101814]Holmes and Sharper, while great Ravens, would only cheapen the RoH .... as does Byner's name.

I do not want our RoH to become the Ring of Pretty Good.[

I agree. I really did not mean to get a negative Ernest Byner thread going, I just wanted to see how Billick was percieved as for the ROH. IMO he deserves to be up there. As for Byner, he is up there because he was Art's guy. Adding the pretty good, as you put it, is basically the 2 wrongs do not make a right idea. No, To Sharper, Sharpe, Goose etc. even though they were some of my favorite Super Bowl Ravens. They just were not here long enough.

BB Definitely should be in the ROH!!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Ok, I know this is a bit off topic but what happens once all the space runs out. I mean with the team putting names on both sides of the stadium, what happens when all the space is gone?

I think eventually they will eliminate one side of the stadium to continue putting new names up...but that too will run out.

Any thoughts?

How about creating another level or two on the ROH. bump Byner down and add in Holmes, Jamal, maybe Sharper and Goose.
    Holmes???? Lets add Vinny and Michael Jackson and Eric Zier and Ismial. I think the idea is to put elite players in the ring.