Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ring of Honor - JO

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenator View Post
    Ok, I know this is a bit off topic but what happens once all the space runs out. I mean with the team putting names on both sides of the stadium, what happens when all the space is gone?

I think eventually they will eliminate one side of the stadium to continue putting new names up...but that too will run out.

Any thoughts?

The ring is for truly elite players...If we're starting to run out of room, that's a good problem to have, wouldn't you agree?:D

Ummm, the Stadium is plenty big enough.

PP

Hey, even if they do run out of room on the Ring they could always start affixing name plaques to seats, like they do to park benches when someone dies.

Hopefully they won't stick Grbac's name on mine. It would no doubt become a pain in my ass and would more than likely fold under the slightest pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Hey, even if they do run out of room on the Ring they could always start affixing name plaques to seats, like they do to park benches when someone dies.

Hopefully they won't stick Grbac's name on mine. It would no doubt become a pain in my ass and would more than likely fold under the slightest pressure.

Yea your right. I mean I just was wondering thats all. Like where would the names go next.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Jonboy, I am surprised to see you picking up this baton. Seriously, you don't think it's easier just to get over it? You would consider a proposal to make a mockery of the whole thing, rather then simply accept that once upon a time, there was a single mistake?
    I jsut said it wasn't the worst idea in the world, I don't necissarily think it's a good idea, but... The thing is, Byner gets brought up on these boards and in conversation 10 times a year for one reason alone... it's not a little mistake, it's a big one.

FWIW, I think there should be a big seperation from retiring a Jersey and ROH. At this point, JO and Ray get their Jersey retired and quite a few can enjoy the ROH.... I don't see a complete reason not to have a couple dozen names within 10-20 years...

I still think FPR's idea is the best ...

I wouldnt mind farting onto a Grbac plaque as a means of exacting a small amount of revenge for him sucking so bad.

Houston,
    good idea!

and thanks for changing your avatar. A bottle of GM is much preferable to look at than a hugely fat Stealer fan.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Byner needs to come out of the ROH.

JO and Billick need to be put up there in the next few years.

Somebody needs to approach Byner and suggest that he maybe ask the Ravens to take his name down.

The fact that he hasn't is a mystery to me. He knows better than anyone that his contributions to the Ravens were less than what is required.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by section553 View Post
    Holmes???? Lets add Vinny and Michael Jackson and Eric Zier and Ismial. I think the idea is to put elite players in the ring.
    You forgot Antonio "toast" Langham and Donny Brady.::)

Stoney Case?
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens