Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ESPN 1300 is looking for Anita Mark's replacement

You know what?
    Anita really doesn't bother me anymore.
    You know why?
    I haven't heard her voice in 6 months.

It's simple really. I took 1300 off my radio pre-sets. If I'm in a part of town where I can't get WNST (most of town) I go to WBAL or the new 1370.

Steve Davis is great in the evening, Jerry Coleman is bearable, Bob Haynie and Rob Long are great when I can hear them, regular newstalk is suitable, and Anita Marks does not exist in my world. Life is good.
    Last edited by Ravenswarrior19; 10-09-2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: easier to read

That is a lot of "agreance" as Anita would say before asking a 4 or 5 sentance, nonsense question with the phrase "don't you agree" in it 3 or 4 times.

Tony Kornover makes Anita look smart. SMRT, smart.

I heard yesterday when she was defending her decision that Flacco should be pulled and Troy Smith should be the starter for the remainder of the season. WHY? Because she thinks Troy gives us the best chance to win.

D U M B

Troy can't even see over the heads of the O-Line.

We all agree that she is a joke on the radio. She knows nothing and sounds like a complete idiot when she opens her mouth. If you listen to the Game Day shows on Sunday it is obvious that no one wants here there and eyes are rolling when she opens her mouth (not in a good eyes rolling when she opens her mouth either).
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

Yeah I'm on the Fire Anita Marks bandwagon, she sucks.......
    Waiting for the next one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    OK, now I understand .... the title was misleading: I had interpreted it to mean that she was being replaced.
    Finally? Not, what a waste, go back to Miami

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I want AMBER
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

I want AMBER,Just the thought of marks with little on makes me cringe
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

8. Re: ESPN 1300 is looking for Anita Mark's replacement

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    I heard yesterday when she was defending her decision that Flacco should be pulled and Troy Smith should be the starter for the remainder of the season. WHY? Because she thinks Troy gives us the best chance to win.
    Wow, she really said that?
    Did she back up this statement with viable reasons why she thinks Troy gives us a better chance to win?
    I'd be curious to hear why she thinks this.
    Does she think it's because his Heisman Trophy gives him the magic powers or something?
    It certainly can't be the NFL game experience Troy has over Flacco.
    I could accept that if it was reallity.
    I could accept Troy being in this offense longer then Flacco if that were true.

I don't listen to her show, but stuff like that makes you wonder even more why she's here.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Guarenteed contract. Thank God for XM/Sirius.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

She's an idiot. That is all you need to know.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Wow, she really said that?
    Did she back up this statement with viable reasons why she thinks Troy gives us a better chance to win?
    I'd be curious to hear why she thinks this.
    Does she think it's because his Heisman Trophy gives him the magic powers or something?
    It certainly can't be the NFL game experience Troy has over Flacco.
    I could accept that if it was reallity.
    I could accept Troy being in this offense longer then Flacco if that were true.

I don't listen to her show, but stuff like that makes you wonder even more why she's here.
    Her main reasoning was that Troy was able to lead this team against Miami, Seattle and Pissburgh and he won over Pissburgh. She said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Troy gives the Ravens a chance to win as he has NFL experience that Flacco does not have. He was a Heisman Trophy winner for the University of Ohio and didn't come from a school like Delaware."

Last time I checked, Flacco has played four games over Troy's three. Flacco would be 4-0 if Stover can kick 40+ yard Field Goals and the defense wouldn't get caught up in the ticky tacky penalties and keep their heads straight. Plus, and maybe it's me, but I saw Flacco growing after his first game in the pre-season and see things in him that Boller was never able to do. Troy looked lost and horrible in his two games prior to the injuries. AND add to that he isn't even 100% healthy yet so I guess he'll be throwing the ball while hacking up a lung.

As we say in the Tech field, she has an I D 10 T error.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

12. Re: ESPN 1300 is looking for Anita Mark's replacement

The chick is idiot!!

So he won against a team that didn't give a damn if it won or not, and lost to a team that nobody else the entire year lost to.

Good think this chick doesn't directly work for the Ravens in some type of personel capacity.
    I'd feel more comfortable with half the people on here doing that over her.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by OwingsMillsAlex View Post
    Her main reasoning was that Troy was able to lead this team against Miami, Seattle and Pissburgh and he won over Pissburgh. She said, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Troy gives the Ravens a chance to win as he has NFL experience that Flacco does not have. He was a Heisman Trophy winner for the University of Ohio and didn't come from a school like Delaware."

Last time I checked, Flacco has played four games over Troy's three. Flacco would be 4-0 if Stover can kick 40+ yard Field Goals and the defense wouldn't get caught up in the ticky tacky penalties and keep their heads straight. Plus, and maybe it's me, but I saw Flacco growing after his first game in the pre-season and see things in him that Boller was never able to do. Troy looked lost and horrible in his two games prior to the injuries. AND add to that he isn't even 100% healthy yet so I guess he'll be throwing the ball while hacking up a lung.

As we say in the Tech field, she has an I D 10 T error.
    Did she really say "University of Ohio"?

If so, that's ground for firing.

I wish Al Davis ran that station.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Did she really say "University of Ohio"?

If so, that's ground for firing.

I wish Al Davis ran that station.

PP
    CBS Radio runs that station, & they are looking to unload their Baltimore cluster. I'm surprised they haven't fired her though, & any1 else w/ big contracts in their cluster, to make the bottom lines look better.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    How about Dee Snider (although I don't think he stutters as much):

The perfect replacement.. They look like twins!