Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Who likes WR Roy Williams?

http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLin...=NFL&hl=127025

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys have acquired Roy Williams from the Lions for "at least" one first-round pick.
    Because the one thing they are missing is a diva wide receiver. This move smacks of desperation on the heels of an ugly weekend in Dallas. Williams' contract ends after this season, so the move only makes some sense if they extend his deal. Oct. 14 - 4:03 pm et

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    http://rotoworld.com/content/HeadLin...=NFL&hl=127025

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Cowboys have acquired Roy Williams from the Lions for "at least" one first-round pick.
    Because the one thing they are missing is a diva wide receiver. This move smacks of desperation on the heels of an ugly weekend in Dallas. Williams' contract ends after this season, so the move only makes some sense if they extend his deal. Oct. 14 - 4:03 pm et

PP
    Thats a shame...I'd given up a 3rd and Corey Ivy! ;) :grbac:

In other non Ravens news.

The NFL has suspended Cowboys CB Adam Jones indefinitely for violating the personal conduct policy. Jones will miss at least four games.
    Commissioner Goodell will evaluate Jones' situation again after Week 11. If Jones stays out of the news, it sounds like he'll be reinstanted. But ESPN's Ed Werder cites sources inside Dallas that say Jones may not have a place on the team when he returns because of a combination of his average play and his potential distraction. That remains to be seen, but the Cowboys now get a draft pick back from Tennessee because of the terms of their trade.

and...

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Redskins have signed RB Shaun Alexander to a one-year contract.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    In other non Ravens news.

The NFL has suspended Cowboys CB Adam Jones indefinitely for violating the personal conduct policy. Jones will miss at least four games.
    Commissioner Goodell will evaluate Jones' situation again after Week 11. If Jones stays out of the news, it sounds like he'll be reinstanted. But ESPN's Ed Werder cites sources inside Dallas that say Jones may not have a place on the team when he returns because of a combination of his average play and his potential distraction. That remains to be seen, but the Cowboys now get a draft pick back from Tennessee because of the terms of their trade.

and...

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Redskins have signed RB Shaun Alexander to a one-year contract.

PP
    Good catch....;)

If Williams can stay healthy he could develop into a very good receiver. He has a lot of talent.

His problem is he can't stay on the field. I think he will get better every week this year and should be a bigger part of the offense as the season goes on.

Although, if the line doesn't improve it won't matter who is at receiver or running back.

Yanda is a tough loss.

Unbelievable what the Cowboys gave up for him 4 2009 picks including a first -- while I like him, not at that price

Looking at Ozzie's drafts I would do that deal in a second.
    Last edited by RavinDonnie; 10-15-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Looking at Ozzie's drafts I would do this in a second.
    Of course YOU would

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie
    Looking at Ozzie's drafts I would do that deal in a second.
    I sure wouldn't. Nothing against Williams, but the Cowboys overpaid for him. Just like they overpaid for T.O.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I sure wouldn't. Nothing against Williams, but the Cowboys overpaid for him. Just like they overpaid for T.O.
    And how many times since landing T.O. has Dallas gone to the playoffs? They are a playoff team with him on the roster. Except for one year, with our WR core we are not.

Ozzie had a chance to give Joe Flacco a legitimate and potential game-changing receiver, and decided what we have is the best out there. Didn't even TRY or make an OFFER.

But hey, I'm excited for the Ernie Cartwright era!!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And how many times since landing T.O. has Dallas gone to the playoffs? They are a playoff team with him on the roster. Except for one year, with our WR core we are not.

Ozzie had a chance to give Joe Flacco a legitimate and potential game-changing receiver, and decided what we have is the best out there. Didn't even TRY or make an OFFER.

But hey, I'm excited for the Ernie Cartwright era!!
    Oz may have offered the same type of deal, but Williams had the leverage of not signing an extension if he did not approve of the trade. He is from Texas, played college ball there, and gets to be the 3rd or 4th #1type weapon in a much bigger market and high profile team.

Even I would pick the Boys and I am from Baltimore.

The Ravens are going to have to trade for a guy under contract or develop some draft picks.

Most WRs take 3 or 4 years to become good. That is why it is not time to give up on Clayton and Williams just yet. Mason was not a good WR in his first 3 years.